The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Summer 2006






June was a crazy, busy month for us. We fit in as many trips as we could traveling around Alaska; for it will be our last summer up here. We started off in Denali in mid-June with a rafting/camping trip on the Nenana River in Denali Park. What a beautiful place it is. We did a bus ride into Denali Park that took us as far back as you can go. We were able to see tons of sheep and caribou. I could have done without the southern tourists and sitting for 8 hours being 7 mths. pregnant at the time; but in the end, it was well worth it.
Okay, I already F'd up big time. We actually kicked off the beginning of the month with a trip to Chitna, Alaska with a couple of our friends and did a "dip-netting" fishing trip. I have to say that it was one of my favorite experiences up here. A guide dropped us off on a river bank and from there, we caught fish for 7 hours with a dip net. In the end, we caught 30 copper-river-red salmons and 1 king. Well, I caught the king, but I'll give everyone credit for it, since it was a group effort.

Then, over the last weekend in June, we went to Valdez with our friends Heather and Will to do our own deep sea halibut/salmon fishing. Well, we were unable to snatch any halibut and I believe we walked away with 4 salmon and lets not forget the rock fish. I think the guys enjoyed driving the rented boat more than anything. It was like a Miami Vice experience for them. Boys and their toys, what can I say? Don't you just love Andrews hat? It screams Alaskan tourist and that's exactly why the boys purchased such a thing; to poke fun at all the old men that come up here and think they've hit the jackpot with the wide-brimmed hat. To this day, I laugh every time I see one of them with it on! We also made a pit-stop at a gorgeous glacier on our way down to Valdez. Lilly, for one reason or another, feels obligated when we stop there to take a huge dump right in the middle of the walk way. She is 2-0 at the Valdez Glacier to "duke-it-up!" Her Dad has taught her well!!!


Okay, no matter how expensive or cute the outfit is, MATERNITY CLOTHES STILL MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A HEFFER. Given by my girlfriend Tanya, I recently had Salems second baby shower up here in Alaska. We had an absolute blast and she received an enormous amount of beautiful gifts. Some women just have "that glow" to them when they're pregnant, and I'll be the first to admit that this sister doesn't have it. My whole body is swollen, my pigment is discolored ( which I try to blend in, but then I just make myself look orange), and not to mention that I have bags under the eyes 24/7 becuase my sweet, little girl keeps me up all hours of the night---every night. No wonder she only weighed 3 pds. 13oz. at her 34 week apt., she workouts like a mad woman. Her Daddys voice/touch is very soothing to her because every time I spoon up to him so he can feel her, she cuts it out. She already knows how to play him to get what she wants. Anyways, here are a few shots from the shower. What a blast it was!!!! Thank you Ms. Tanya--- I luwf you!!!





I received tons of boob care products for nursing---it was great!




Along with the all the folks that have been coming to look at our house to purchase this week, we have also been having a few extra visitors snooping around and eating our flowers...... A momma moose and her twin babies. Arn't they cute? I want to cuddle with them!!



2 Comments:

At 8:07 PM , Blogger The Quinn Report said...

Hey baby,

I LOVE your website!! You did an awesome job. Don really likes it and wants me to do one too. You might have to help me. Love the picture of you and Andrew at Denali.
Love, Mommie
xoxoxoxo

 
At 9:03 PM , Blogger Lysandra said...

I love it. I am very sad that I didn't make it to your baby shower. It looks like it was a lot of fun. Good blog!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home