The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

What I would give for a CRACKER

I would do ANYTHING for a FLIPPIN' CRACKER at this point. Yesterday, I believe, I spent a day in hell. Salem had to go the doctor....Oh, but Moody couldn't see her because guess what, they only have 1 DOCTOR ON STAFF. That's like saying there's one doctor in all of Valdosta people...It doesn't work. So, the Major bitched about how they couldn't get Salem in to see her and their advice was that she didn't have an infection (she has been pulling on her ears for 3 days, vomiting, diarrhea, fever, etc.). Yes, I think I know when my daughter is and isn't sick... Thank you, Major Bitch! She informed me that she wanted to know the outcome of Salem illness because like I said, she didn't think she was sick enough to be seen and was pissed that I asked for a referral to take her downtown; that she ended up granting.

So, wouldn't you know, Salem has a DOUBLE ear infection, an upper respiratory infection, and I have to give her nausea medicine up her booty. Poor thing.

Then, after that was all said and done, I, myself, had to go to the dentist to get a tooth PULLED. OH MY GOD! It sucked. It didn't hurt, I was just emotionally and financially traumatized by the time I walked out of there. They also thought it was going to be a simple extraction(is there such a thing?) , but of course, it turned into a surgical one that included removing part of my bone and cutting my mouth open. FOR REAL. I walked out of there with 45 stitches in my mouth. To top it all off, I started taking my pain killers, only to find out that I am allergic to hydrcodone. So, I hugged the toilet from last night until mid-afternoon today. I also have been having to take care of Salem the entire time because they wouldn't let Andrew take any time off of work. Can you imagine what I'm going through? She's sick, I'm sick.....No fun. They also told me that I have to stay on a STRICT liquid diet for 4 days. I feel like I'm being punished. I love food and can't survive without some form of a solid intake. Andrew came home for lunch today and I literally drooled over his crackers.....What I would give for just one bite!

6 Comments:

At 8:54 PM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

Oh my gosh, Noel...I'm so sorry. I'm happy I didn't keep you on the phone long today...geez...and poor Salem. The clinics stink so badly. You should fill out a comment card for the clinic because the first people that read those are the commanders. Seriously, that's just ridiculous. I wish I was there to help. I hope you and little Salem feel better soon.

 
At 10:45 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

Noel, I wish I was there to help out! Girl, I feel you on the tooth extraction. I have 4 less teeth than the average adult....thanks small mouth genes, now if I could only shut up once and a while!

 
At 8:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goodness Noel. What a terrible day. I feel terrible for you. Let us know what the Major Bitch says when you tell her about Salem's apt. I hope you and Salem get well fast. I'll be thinking of ya.

 
At 1:17 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Noel, that sounds like fucking hell. Barfing while watching a baby is worse than any dental pain, as well. I know from experience. I am SURE it will get better soon. What are they doing with the space where the tooth used to be? I hope Salem is feeling better. What a nightmare series of events!

 
At 4:28 PM , Blogger The Quinn Report said...

The dentist is going to do a 3 teeth bridge where the tooth was....Because along with the extraction, I also had to get crowns on the two teeth next to it! What joy!!

 
At 4:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noel, I bet you can't wait to get the hell outta Georgia!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home