The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Friday, January 19, 2007

GET ME THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!!


Okay, use your imagination for a moment, this is our ceiling in master bedroom. The "cool" part is that there is lighting throughout the crown modling parts. Catch me?

I'm just so DONE with Georgia. It really isn't THAT bad, I just want to see my things, and now my new home! Do you ever go through phases in your life when you feel like you can't handle anything else put on your plate? Like the old saying goes..."When it rains, it pours."

For those of you who own a home, or have, or are preparing yourselves for the big purchase, I swear your whole mindset changes for a period of time. I went from buying this and that, lattes EVERY DAY; basically whatever in the hell I wanted, when I wanted it. Now, everything is flashing before my very eyes. IT IS SCARY SPENDING SO MUCH DAMN MONEY AT ONE TIME. Right now, I feel like, "Oh my God, I'm NEVER going to be able to do ANYTHING EVER AGAIN IN MY LIFE because I am BROKE as SHIT!" So much for that double oven, I won't even be able to afford enough food to cook and use the double oven.....JUST KIDDING!

Now, I'm in the mode where I want to be a total penny pincher because I would rather have the $5.00 to put towards the house, instead of a nice, warm, yummy-tasting Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte coating my tonsils. DAMN YOU, YOU EXPENSIVE ASS RORY PARKER HOME. SCREW YOU AND THE LOGGING TRUCK YOU RODE IN ON!

I honestly do LOVE every single square foot of my home. My fear in life is being "house broke." I have seen many, of many of friends, who are great people, make poor real estate investment decisions. Not a single bone in my body feels that we have, but you never know what the market is going to do.

So, to wrap it all up, I am tired of living in a shitty-ass apartment. I want my stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, certain rooms that light up w/out having to turn on the switch, my GORGEOUS tub, and what have you. I'm tired of listening to our neighbors bumping and grinding....gross!


Another part that sucks is that Andrew won't be done with his program here until the beginning of April now, and then he has to go straight to SOS until the end of May. WTF? I'm so sick of Air force BULL SHIT!

I'm looking forward to having my life back this summer! I basically just through myself a "Pitty Party!" Today was just one thing after another. My ipod broke, which doesn't work for me. I am one of those weird workout people that HAS to have music while they sweat or I don't know what to do with myself. Then, to add to that, my new $150 TOP OF THE LINE NIKE shoes are giving me nerve damage in my feet. So, I basically FREAKED because I'm like, "Oh my God, I this can't be happening. I work out like a fean, and life CAN'T go on like this." I totally over exaggerated everything that happened throughout the day, when really, I should learn how to function without listening to "The Boss" while I run. My heart was RACING because HELLO, we have this house now, and I can't afford expensive things like this to be breaking on me. Back in the day, I wouldn't even bat an eye at dropping the kwan to replace the broken items. Now, It's like, "SHIT TITS, I LITERALLY can't replace the bastards." Do any of you feel the same way? Andrea? Val? Lysandra? Jamie?
I also feel like a Jackass because I just realized how many times I said LIKE throughout this post.....hilarious Noel, classic!

7 Comments:

At 10:29 PM , Blogger Jacobson said...

Your new house looks awesome! Your big tub is similar to ours... we love it! Especially when I was pregnant, it was nice because the water would cover my whole belly. Buying a house is a big purchase, but you have to think of it in monthly payments not how much the total cost is. Then it won't seem so bad : )
Where are the Salem picures? We want to see her cute face!!!

 
At 12:21 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

I am the cheapest person on earth now! Although, I did buy new shoes the other day, but they had to be from payless or I never would have forgiven myself. I had SERIOUS buyers remorse after we got an accepted offer and started to "seal the deal". It is natural and you are not alone, we are here for you.
My name is Andrea and I am a penny pincher....your turn :0)

 
At 12:21 AM , Blogger Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

Yes!! I totally feel like that. Paying on a mortgage, for grad school (out of pocket), finishing a basement (out of pocket) and preparing for a baby (as you know-kids are freaking expensive!!). We are managing everything but very soon my next to nothing pay check is going to go away. That paycheck, as small as it is, has been needed!! Not to mention that I am FREAK when it comes to paying the bills (everything has to be paid off!!). If we ever have anything left on our CC I just about start to hyperventilate (sp?). My freakness has helped- considering we own all our cars but now I want a new car and I can't buy a car because I can't afford shoes!! I am going to stop now before I go on a total rant.

Don't worry. Everything will be alright. You will just need to budget for a little while. Your house is a great investment and there is nothing wrong with penny pinching. :)

 
At 12:57 AM , Blogger Katie said...

YES! We bought a house a few years back and I wanted to only spend money on Things That Go In House! Although, I agree with you on those Cinnamon Dolce Lattes. My new favorite! And, sometimes a girl's just gotta have one!

We DO need more Salem pictures. WHAT IS SHE DOING NOW??? How did you deal with being apart from her?

 
At 4:16 PM , Blogger Lysandra said...

Nope I don't feel that way yet...I haven't done anything but look at houses. We are looking at buying a super cheap house anyways because we don't want to change our lifestyle of going out to eat and buying purses. I am usre that when it happens though I will feel it.

 
At 12:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noel, Midge is right...you are making an investment. It wouldn't be much of an investment if you didn't feel like you were investing. It is going to be such a good thing when you go to sell. Just think of the house you will buy after this one!!!

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

Hey, girl! Hehe...shit tits, you know what that reminds me of. hehehe.
You started being money concious the day you bought the house, but that's not a bad thing. Once you get to your home you won't mind it because you'll have your investment to look at everyday. You know I love my stuff,but you saw when you visited that I'm a super cheapo. I wonder what I'll be like after we buy a home. Scary.
I'm going back to San Antonio today, so I'll call you when I'm on the road.
Later gator!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home