The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

$3 per hour, SAY WHAT?????

We decided to venture out and find ourselves a babysitter, instead of always relying on our neighborhood friends. My girlfriend, Janelle, watches Salem for me whenever needed, and I don't always get to return the favor; due to the fact that both her and her husbands parents live nearby and want to get their hands on their grandson as much as possible.

So, I have another friend, Jodi, that has a 13 year old daughter who recently graduated from a local baby-sitting course, who only charges $3 per hour!!! And get this, once baby #2 arrives, she only charges $1 extra per hour! Poor girl, I feel like we're ripping her off! I think I made more than that over 10 years ago. Her mother informed me that the course she went to told her to start off at that rate...crazy! We hired a sitter one other time for Salem, and we paid her $13 (per hour); we never did that again. Who can afford that on a regular basis?

This coming weekend, we're having her come over so Andrew and I can have a date night. I'm looking forward to time alone with my husband, and great daycare at an exceptional rate!

6 Comments:

At 10:07 AM , Blogger joanna said...

Yay you! I've never had a sitter actually tell me a rate. I generally pay $3 per hour per child and adjust up or down from the total if I think it's too much or too little. I've also overpaid a sitter - and then never asked her to sit again because I didn't want to pay her the same rate again and didn't want to explain why! Of course if I had a sitter ask for less than $9 an hour I'd probably call her more often!

 
At 1:39 PM , Blogger Samantha said...

I was really excited to hear $3an hour form Jodi too!!! I think we are going to take her up on it soon!

 
At 8:20 PM , Blogger The Gilbert Crew said...

I wish I had a sitter for 3 an hour! Ours is about 9 an hour, I guess that's why we don't go out much. They were out of that style of purse last week, but I am checking again this week, so hopefully I can get it and those swimsuits mailed soon.

 
At 10:01 PM , Blogger The Quinn Report said...

Angie--

PLEASE DO NOT go out of your way for the purse...don't even worry about it. I'm sure I can get my dirty paws on one somewhere along the way!

 
At 11:37 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

Hang on to her!!!!

 
At 8:17 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Wow. That is super cheap. I pay anywhere from 5 to 8 dollars an hour depending on the babysitter's age (a 14 year old gets the 5, and a 19 year old gets the 8). That is for one kid. Around here most pay 8 to 10 an hour for two kids. Yikes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home