The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Gymnastics






She was practicing her moves and loved being dressd up in her tutu more than anything!


Well, I wasn't able to take any photos DURING her class because I was breaking a sweat chasing after her for an entire hour! My GOD, while she napped yesterday, I literally just sat on the couch and starred into space for 2 hours because I didn't know what to do with myself....I was so damn worn out!

The beginning of it all started off a breeze. She was doing the activities, smiling, laughing, showing the other kids what was up; then, all hell broke loose. You see, she's been to OPEN GYM there before, which is a complete 2 hour free-for-all. The kids can do what ever the hell they wish, throw balls across the room, whatever goes, goes. NOT THIS CLASS. Changing over from a "do as you wish" to a structured class, didn't go so well. She didn't want to take or follow direction from anyone, wanted to run around and see what the "big girls" class was up to across the room, etc. She had about 7 complete meltdowns and other people just kept adding fuel to the fire. A couple instances, she was babied by a few adults who came up, rubbed her back, tried parenting me, and TOLD me that my daughter was just tired and needed a nap.

EXCUSE ME?????????

I'm her mother, you don't know her, I obviously do, and NO she does NOT need a flippin' nap. She just woke up an hour and a half ago, and the least thing I need is YOU TWO telling ME what to do with my daughter. She isn't tired, she's just being a little shit right now and she needs to straighten up and learn her lesson. PLEASE, MY GOODNESS! It was like they've never seen a toddler throw a tantrum before; give me a break. Maybe I should invite them over sometime.

Other than that, she did okay. I know and understand that it will just take some getting used to for her to adjust to the new, structured environment where she has to listen, follow directions, and wait her turn. I know she's young, but I want her to learn these valuable lessons at the age she's at because before long, she'll have to be more patient with the baby on its way.

Lastly, I got asked if I was coming back next week. Uuuhhhh....DUH LADY! What, just because my daughter was a little stink pot for half of the class means, in your eyes, that I won't be returning and that I'll just flush all that money down the drain? You're crazy, and sorry, I don't give up that easily!

After her class, I took her to the Children's Museum because like I said before, she wasn't tired and needed to burn off more energy.

Aaahh...money, it makes all women happy..... even at such a young age!

DJ Salem spinning nursery rhymes on the jukebox! She really got into it!

And no, THAT is not my hat from home!

7 Comments:

At 4:43 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

What a little pistol!!! She looks so cute in her little black outfit :0)

 
At 4:46 PM , Blogger joanna said...

I really do not appreciate most people's "helpful advice" out in public! That had to be hard for her - going from open gym to the class setting. Is it a 'Mommy & Me' type class? But what fun for her! And good for you for taking her to the museum after! I don't think I'd have had it in me - I'd have headed home and locked the doors!

 
At 6:15 PM , Blogger Samantha said...

I heard Tristan followed directions just about as well as Salem...this is going to be a fun class!!

 
At 11:41 PM , Blogger Jacobson said...

Oh my goodness! What a day. Her outfit is adorable... if she's going throw a fit in public at least she did it in style!!!

 
At 5:34 PM , Blogger Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

She looks like a fun, fun, fun little girl, and, of course, adorable too!

 
At 8:54 PM , Blogger The Gilbert Crew said...

I am digging that hairbow...I knew you would be able to pin them in there right. I love the outfit, she is so cute!!!

 
At 10:32 PM , Blogger Heather Bridges said...

How much for ur baby?? She's cute as hell...and I want her!! I miss you dammnit...CALL ME...;))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home