The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Water Lilly Monet

A water lilly painting by Claude Monet sold for more than $80 MILLION Tuesday, breaking the auction record for the French impressionist. What I want to know is, who has that kind of money, and what have they done in this world to make such a large amount of cash flow? Can you also spread some of that love this way, please? You have over $80 mill. to spend on one painting, it wouldn't hurt you to share a little with an average blue collar family, right?

Last week in her art classes, Salem actually learned about this exact painting by Claude Monet. Here is her replica of the "Water Lilly". What do you think I could start the auction off it? It IS a masterpiece, look at it!

6 Comments:

At 8:15 PM , Blogger Katie said...

You MUST frame this. My mom was just telling me today that she should have framed our artwork as kids...it preserves it and the kids are so proud to see their art on the walls of their rooms (or anywhere else in the house!) FRAME THAT!!! It is awesome!

 
At 9:21 PM , Blogger Mike and Jen said...

I can't believe how big Salem is. It took me forever to figure out who left us the blog comment (I couldn't remember your last name) until I found a fam pic. You guys look so cute!

 
At 12:23 PM , Blogger Samantha said...

WOW, Salem did such a good job...so cute! I agree you should defintiely frame this and put it up in her room!!!

 
At 2:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being that Salem is quite the budding artist and Monet being one of my favorites, I think 40 million for her painting is about right! It was so much fun being in the presence of our young artist when she created her masterpiece.
Love, YaYa

 
At 6:16 PM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

I think it would be a GREAT painting in someones home.

That kind of money is ridiculous...I almost get sick when it comes time to fill up my car. 80M....GEEZ!

 
At 8:49 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

You could get some big bucks for it - it is genius!!! Truly, I think it is really good and I would not think she was only 2!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home