The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Did I Mention...............


My BEAUTIFUL BABY!!

................That Salem weighs 17.1 pounds! Yes, you heard me 17.1 pounds.....Holy Heffer! Who ever would have guessed that she would be such a "tank?" I am now in super freak mode because she is less than 1 pound away from growing out of her infant carrier. Oh, and the toddler carseat I want ONLY costs $300. Why in the hell do they make this shit so damn expensive? How in the heck do the "lower class" families afford having children? I'm sitting here sweating, when really, we're not doing that bad. I could "go there" some more, but I won't. Actually, I changed my mind, I will.........................................

SO, today, I decided that Salem is going to be my true ONE AND ONLY. Yes, again, you heard me loud and clear. I'm going to sound VERY selfish with my reasoning, but just hear me out. I think families that have 2, 3, 10, even 12 children is FABULOUS, if that is your thing. If Andrew and I have another child, GREAT. I would love "it", and I KNOW it would bring so much joy to my life. WE, just like to live a certain lifestyle, and having a housefull of children doesn't fit in. We like to have nice things, homes, cars, etc., and we want the same for our daughter. I want to give SALEM the WORLD, and we all know how expensive that can be. We also want to be able to provide a full college education for our children wherever they want to go and forever how long they want to go for. If Salem wants to be a doctor, perfect, then we'll pay for her to do so. On the other hand, if we had 2 who wanted to do so, that would be pushing it for us.

The argument I get from others is that, You never know what the future will hold. I'm sorry, but I'm not willing to rely on winning the lottery to get me places in life. I was also told this evening that, "Noel, you might just have to work harder to support 2 children." Well guess what, I don't want to work harder. Working for one child is and will be hard enough for me. I also want to enjoy my life by doing things that I love, going places I haven't seen before, trips with my family and letting Salem bring her friends along. I'm by no means saying that life ends after having children, or more than one; I'm simply stating what will and will not work for us. I take that back, we could always "make it work", but I would be stressed as ALL HELL. I buy stuff now for Salem and think to myself "Holy shit, we don't have the $ to be buying stuff like this right now with the house and all and blah, blah, blah." I CAN'T IMAGINE doubling that anxiety. Plus, Andrew and I LOVE being TOGETHER and we don't want to have to split our time between to kiddos. Meaning..."You take Salem to her volleyball game, I'll take Trevin to his soccer practice, and I'll meet you for some nookie later tonight!"

Again, I am ONLY speaking for the QUINN household. Andrew is on the fence with the situation, and I am the one saying how it is. I think he would like another, but I say no. So basically, if I do get pregnant in the future, just throw this back in my face!


Salem's "new thing" is playing with her tongue...She thinks it's funny!

2 Comments:

At 10:10 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

You don't have to justify this to anyone. What you want is what you want. period. Kudos to your for expressing yourself, even if some don't agree :0) The world is overpopulated anyway. My max is two if we even make it to one!

 
At 12:54 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Salem is so pretty! I never really noticed her eyes before, but they are just dazzling!

I agree with Andrea--it is your choice. Your decision. No one should try to convince you otherwise.

We only want two--for many of those same reasons. I just couldn't handle anymore than that!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home