The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VAL/HEART DAY!!!!

Whistler 2 years ago
Having English Tea on Valentine's Day in Victoria, B.C.
(We were on vacation together and our tea plans happened to fall on Valentine's Day...read on)

Oh, the joys of Valentines Day. We don't celebrate Valentines Day--are you shocked? Are we not THE BIGGEST PARTY POOPERS YOU HAVE EVER MET IN YOUR LIVES? To us, it seems like a day that people can make up for the "bad times." The guys that verbally abused their girlfriends the night before, can make up for it with a nice bouquet of flowers. ....And it works, for at least a day or two. We would rather buy each other things randomly, than on a specified day of the year when all others are celebrating. Does anyone else hear me on this one? Plus, it seems like the "ideal" gift is giving flowers, and I hate flowers. Actually, I love them, but can't seem to keep them alive and I feel that these days, they are WAY to over priced. I also hate that horrendous stench when they start dying and get all molded.....Yuck, it gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. Then, they always make a mess all over my floor when I'm trying to throw them in the trash..So really, all in all, their just a pain in my ass. So, instead, I'll just put Salem in her cute Valentine's Day apparel, take her shopping so everyone can "ooohhhh and aaahhhhh" over her festive outfit/shoes, and call it a day. She's my TRUE Valentine!!!
Now, HAPPY BIRTHDAY VALERIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!!!!!!! We'll do a belated birthday lunch when I get there.

Oh, thank you all for being so sweet/thoughtful/concerned about my tonsils. My surgery is actually this coming Monday. So go ahead and re-post all those messages next week so I will know that people are feeling sorry for me!!!!


This is Val and I WAAAAASSSSTTED a couple weeks ago.....We had sooo much fun!!!
I love how she's standing on her tippy-toes...Too cute, she is!

7 Comments:

At 8:24 AM , Blogger The Quinn Report said...

I was so wasted in that photo,and I just realized that my eyes were crossed. I just fell out of my chair and scared Salem!

 
At 8:45 AM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

Yeah, I hear ya...I have wine stained purple lips/teeth, and I look like a munchkin in shorts next to you. hehehe. What a horrible picture of me...but it's funny. That was a super weird/fun night.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Noel. As for the Valentines Day celebration thing...I totally agree with you plus it's a little different for us anyways with it being my birthday and all. Make sure you post a picture of Salem in her cute v-day outfit.

 
At 9:21 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

We don't celebrate either. I didn't figure it was fair to Ben if he got hit 2 days in a row. And poo, you beat me to the happy V-day to Val post! I guess that is what a baby and a couple times zones will do :0)

 
At 1:10 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

I totally agree with your Valentine's Day philosophy. We don't need one day to say I Love You or buy each other some random gift.

I love your pictures. Hope your doing well. Miss you!

 
At 10:38 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Okay. I'm starting to make a startling revelation: no one I know likes Valentine's Day. NO ONE. It is officially the WORST holiday because EVERYONE hates it! Really, do you know ANYONE who actually LIKES it?

I do love fresh flowers, though, but I told John NOT to buy them today because they will die, like, tomorrow because there is no way that they can really have THAT many flowers that are all healthy on one day. YEA RIGHT.

 
At 1:17 AM , Blogger Abby & Patrick said...

You guys are so funny - wish I could visit and party with you guys! On the Valentine's note, we don't really celebrate either, just cards. We prefer small gifts at random times :)

 
At 1:17 AM , Blogger Abby & Patrick said...

You guys are so funny - wish I could visit and party with you guys! On the Valentine's note, we don't really celebrate either, just cards. We prefer small gifts at random times :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home