The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Luckenbach/Fredericksburg Trip



Ummm.......first off, am I the only one who has never heard of Luckenbach, TX.? Actually, I know I'm not the only one because Andrew had never heard of it either; that is, until yesterday. You can't even call it a town because there is NOTHING there but a bar, corn-dog stand, gift shop, and concert stage. So really, it has everything you need to have a kick-ass party and I guess they do just that! From what I hear, Willie Nelson has a song written about Luckenbach and now I'm curious to hear what he has to say about it.




We decided to get the hell out of town this weekend and take to trip to Frederickburg with our friends, 'DA MUNDS, to hit up some tasty winery's! It's about an hour and half away from our house, and let me just say, that I will have to take a few more trips there because it is AWESOME! There are a ton of cute shops, brewery's, winery's galore, restaurants, and sometimes, you just want to take a quick trip that doesn't require much but just an overnight bag. Do you know what I'm sayin'? The winery's are also "kid friendly", which is a major +++++++++++++++++++!!!!!!!!!!!!!





The only downfall to the trip was that it was balls cold outside; we're talking 30 degrees in TX. We thought it would keep people away, but no, it was the total opposite. I guess everyone had the same idea we had.....why hang out indoors when you could be out getting your drink on?


Hanging out at the Frederickburg Brewery/Beer Garden

Overall, it was a great trip filled with amazing food, wine, beer, more of all of the above, and hardly any sleep (that is why I'm having trouble putting words together this afternoon). We stayed in "'DA MUNDS" motor home that they "conveniently" keep parked in Frederickburg for trips like this. They are GENIUSES, I swear!

4 Comments:

At 8:06 PM , Blogger Katie said...

"Let's go to Luckenbach, Texas....Waylon and Willie and the boys...."

You must download the song immediately!! I'm so glad you went there! My sister in law actually got married at a Bed and Breakfast in Luckenbach. After the reception, we drug our drunk asses over to the main dance hall (where you were) and partied the rest of the night. Except wait. I was pregnant. I wasn't drunk. God. That sucked.

It looks like a fun, fun trip! Y'all do such a great job of doing stuff with Salem in tow! I'm very impressed. I love Fredericksburg, too!

 
At 8:58 PM , Blogger The Gilbert Crew said...

It is great there, John and I took a trip there back n 02 while we were at Randolph. I bought a beautiful handmade quilt in Fredricksburg. Looks liek you all had a ball...wish we were there!

 
At 8:02 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

I love Fredricksburg. That was one of our favorite retreats from Hell Rio while we were living there. Can't beat the food, fun and booze in that place!!! Your friends are awfully smart to have an RV parked there. I wish I was friends with them!

 
At 9:17 AM , Blogger joanna said...

It's Waylon Jennings - Luckenbach Texas (Back to the Basics of Love). I can't believe you hadn't heard of it - but then I also thought everyone knew the Peabody Hotel has ducks with a red carpet! Looks like fun - even with toddlers!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home