The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Friday, December 21, 2007

I am ,"One of THOSE Mothers!"



It is true. I never thought the day would come when I would allow my daughter to play in such a place. Before I became mother, I always despised the parents who encouraged their children to play in such germ infested environments. And now, I have become one of "them." Yes, I let Salem play in one of the play areas inside one of the malls in Tucson when we were home for Thanksgiving. EEeeeeWWWW!!!!!!! I KNOW. Like my friend Kim has told me over and over again, "I was always a better mother before I became one!" I didn't quite understand the meaning behind that quote until I gave birth to Salem. I now find myself doing shit on a daily basis that I SWORE I would never do in a million years.



On a positive note to such grossness, she didn't even want to play in the chaotic area. All she wanted to do was carry around my purse in the mall. She would tell me NO every time I tried to take it back from her and wanted to just show off for all the people to see. For such a small purse, it was jam packed and was too heavy for her to carry on her shoulders. So, she did the very best she could and had a blast doing so!


2 Comments:

At 9:46 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

I love that little face!!! Those areas seem great - you can snack on bad food, maybe drink a coffee and get it all within a few feet of the playground. Cool! I will admit in order to see certain friends, I have spent time in those areas ;0)

 
At 12:11 PM , Blogger Tracy said...

You gotta do what you gotta do. I feel the same way, but I have let the girls play in places like that. It is almost more cruel to not let them when everyone else is playing. Of course I have yet to stoop to letting them play at the McDonalds play place. Just too gross for me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home