The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Fat Tuesday

Today has been a day, today has been a day. Salem hasn't been sleeping through the night very well. She has had an on going ear infection since, what feels like, the day she came out of my vagina. I swear. She has any appointment with the ENT tomorrow to schedule tubes to be put in her ears. THANK GOD. I can NO longer take a toddler who is in so much pain that she can hardly make it through the days. I have to keep her occupied 24/7 to keep her mind off her ears. She sticks her fingers in them and constantly says "ouchie mama". So sad, huh?

I, too, ventured off to "Photo Wonderland" (aka The Picture People) today with my girlfriend to have Salem and Knox photographed for Valentine's Day. Lets just say.....it didn't go as planned. Our intentions were in the right place, but the kids weren't feeling the love today. We couldn't even get a single descent shot of them together. So, we are both sending "Love Day" postcards out, with 2 separate photos of them on it by themselves. Lame. The photographer sucked ass, and shouldn't be working with children. Janelle and I thought it would be so cute to send pictures out of the two love birds together, and it just didn't pan out that way. I hate it when things don't go as planned. Why couldn't there have been at least just 1 okay picture? Just 1 people, that is all I'm asking. Is it that hard for you to do your flippin' job correctly? Seriously, I think I would have had more luck if I would have ripped that camera off her neck and taken them my damn self. I kept having to tell her over and over again just to take a freaking picture. I mean, seriously, WTF? WTF?


All schnockered out after 2 dreadful hours at the P.P.

Hopefully our day will only get better from here. It doesn't appear that that is going to happen any time her soon since she just woke up from nap and I KNOW she needs much more needed rest than that because she was up half of the night. Ugh.


Tonight we're going over, as family, to our friend Kris and Dawn's house for a crawfish boil to celebrate Fat Tuesday. Maybe a glass of wine will calm my nerves. 5 o'clock can't come fast enough, I swear!

I'll also be trying "King's Cake" for the first time this evening. I'm not too sure that I fully understand the concept behind it all. I mean, seriously, a choking hazard baby in a cake that you can't even eat? How can you enjoy eating cake if you're constantly worrying about dying on a little baby logged in the back of your throat?

One final thing:

CHANGE.

Get out there and VOTE!

*******************UPDATE***********************************************
The crawfish boil was a hit. Our friends, The Munds, go above and beyond for every festivity and I knew tonight wouldn't be any different. We had fresh (still crawling around) crawfish and beer straight from New Orleans. Kris also made his own "special sauces" (doesn't sound proper, but you get what I'm saying), along with LA rice and beans, corn, shrimp, fresh oysters, clams, you name it, they brought it to the table.

Yes, we also had the King Cake along with fresh chocolate moose that was all so yummy! No, I didn't get the baby ; however, Dawn, that watched me stuff the baby deep into the loins of the cake, got it in her slice that she cut for herself. Sad, but true. We'll just blame it on to many beers. What the hell, that's what you're supposed to do on Fat Tuesday...eat and drink yourself silly :0)




6 Comments:

At 9:35 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

Sad day at the photographer. Lame.

At least you ended the day on a high note! I haven't ever eaten the cake with the baby inside. It is a big tradition around here at christmas. Fun times!

 
At 11:21 AM , Blogger Katie said...

Hmmmm...maybe Salem and Knox are tellihg y'all that they aren't going to end up together down the line!? Just kidding! That would have been VERY cute to have them together. Too bad!

I'm sorry about her ear infections. I hope the tubes really change things around for her.

Fat Tuesday....looked like a blast! (though that cake looks kind of gross for some reason....)

 
At 11:21 AM , Blogger Katie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:21 AM , Blogger Katie said...

..I think it is the baby and the titty beads that just give dessert the wrong feeling....(I'm sure it was delicious!)

 
At 1:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fist time I saw your little site!
Pretty neat. You are pretty organized to do this everyday. I love the crawfish pictures! Your husband went to town on those little mud bugs!
I think he had 8 pounds!
We had a great time.
K Mund

 
At 5:44 PM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

I'm so jealous you went to a crawfish boil. I MISS THEM!

I hope little Salem gets some sort of relief soon. I could picture her telling you she has an "ouchie" and it is so sad.

See you soon?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home