The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Morning After






Gosh,my title sounds like an add for the Morning After Pill; which I'm sure local Planned Parenthoods are banking off of today after an evening full of too much boozing and drunken random sex with strangers. Anyways,...................

Last night was a blast! We had our neighborhood buddies over (kids and all), for a St. Patrick's Day fiesta! I served:

* Green beer...a must!
* Guiness....another must!
* Shepherd's pie, which they all said was "the best" they've ever head (courtesy of food network.com)
* Homemade cheese bread
* Homemade Guiness Irish french onion soup with Irish cheddar cheese
* And Cheesecake Factory cheesecake that was very, very tasty! (courtesy of Kris and Dawn).


My girlfriend, Janelle, brought Bailey's over (for those of you who think you know me very well, you should definitely know that IT is my drink of choice), and we didn't even bust it open; I couldn't believe it! With 3 pre-toddlers running around, you kind of forget about the important things going on around you that have to do with the specific occasion....like getting your drink on!


What's even funnier is that Dawn and I picked up the same sure at Target and didn't even plan it! We were the "Green Beer Taste Tester's!" I'm surprised that Target even sold a shirt that said such a thing. I'm glad, but was shocked when I came across such a thing there. I was expecting to find your average Target apparel there when I was searching for the perfect shirt: Kiss Me, I'm Irish, or their signature style plain tee with a sequined clover on the front. Not, Green Beer Taste Tester!!! I snatched that thing up so damn fast, and obviously Dawn had the same idea too!




She was puckering her lips up and waiting patiently for a kiss!

I'm hurting today and don't want to get out of bed. Not from too much green beer ( I didn't even drink), but I have a cold, it is rainy out, and I'm dreading all the crap I have to get done today. I need something to motivate me.........Aaaahhhhh, maybe the leftover cheesecake will do the trick!

4 Comments:

At 10:27 AM , Blogger Katie said...

First: Your house/kitchen is amazingly beautiful.

Second: I love the awkward guy half-hug with Andrew and his friend.

Third: The menu sounds fantastic!

 
At 10:45 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

those cupcakes look like motivation enough for me!!

I love that you picked out the same shirt, funny. You know you have a good friend when stuff like that happens :0)

 
At 1:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the pictures of Salem and her boyfriend Knox. What a menu! It looked like so much fun.
Love, YaYa

 
At 12:34 AM , Blogger Lysandra said...

Cute Pictures of the kiddos!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home