The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Whistler, "OH CANADA!"












On top of the highest point on Whistler Peak



Our friends, Mark and Megan Gabrielson

In case you don't already know this, Whistler is MY FAV. place in the world that I have ever been to. I love Alaska, but Whistler is primo and even above Anchorage on my list. If I had a trillion dollars to live there, I would. Or, if I was 18 again with no hubby, or child in sight, I would totally live out of my car and be a hippy-ski-bum....I'd be all over that!

Andrew and I with his Grandma Quinn in Washington

The house that Andrew grew up in in Washington

Eniumclaw High...where Andrew went to school

A group of his friends from high school

Andrew and I just returned early this AM from spending 9 days in the Seattle/Whistler areas. We were able to visit his grandmother, friends, and his hometown of Enumclaw, Washington. His parents own a condo in Whistler Village (Creekside), so we try to utilize it as much as possible. He has spent many winter weekends there over the years, and back when we were dating, he took me there for a romantic week long getaway. This trip wasn't AS romantic (we had 2 of his BFF's from high school with us that are now also married...they actually got married the day after us which is Andrew's birthday!) , but had a wonderful time enjoying the beautiful weather, slopes, beers, food, and company of such great friends!

Out the front door is the slopes and this is the view from the back of our condo

We spent most of the days skiing, but took 1 day off to visit folks and another day to check out the Village as they prepare for the Olympic games being held there in 2 years. We didn't take nearly as many pictures as I would have liked, but walked away with a few classic Andrew shots!


We were able to have free VIP tickets to a concert in The Village while we drank, ate and sat on everything made out of ice.


Some random dude with the beautiful Whisler Village in the backdrop

Salem, once again, stayed behind in Texas not only with her Grammy (Andrew's Mom), but also with her Great Old Granny (Andrew's Mom's Mom). I can only imagine how much attention she soaked up and what an ass pain it is going to be for me this week to break. It is ALL WORTH it; for I know both sides enjoyed every second they got to spend with each other. I can hardly recognize my own daughter this afternoon. She has grown so much over the past 9 days and matured into this not little, but BIG toddler. She is learning her colors (everything is "Yellow") and talking more and more up a storm. She is napping right now, and I want her to wake up so I can play with her some more and see all the exciting and new things she learned while we were away. Andrew's Mom always takes such great care Salem and we are incredibly grateful that she travels all this way to take care of our Sweet Baby Salem.

My goal this week is to sweat out all the alcohol weight I have put on. I swear. I look like a balloon that is on the verge of bursting. My face, ass, thighs, BASICALLY EVERYTHING on my body is swollen and disgusting looking. The whole "You can eat and drink whatever the heck you want because you're burning a ton of calories skiing" saying is a crock of crap. It might be true if you only eat a head of lettuce with a couple walnuts on top and have just A beer. Ummmm, do you know us very well? We do things in excess in this family and there is NO such thing as just having A beer or eating healthy while you're skiing in THE most beautiful place in the world on vacation and what is that you say?...............KID FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We took all of our advantages to the LIMITS and now, we're paying for them. I'm afraid of seeing my girlfriends in fear that they might not recognize me.

Having a brew after a long day of skiing

You would find us here, at this bar, at lunch, or immediatley after our snow days.


Hooray!!!!!!!!!! Salem is waking up! I don't think I've ever been this excited about her waking up from a nap since she was a little bambina. Gotta Jam On It!

8 Comments:

At 3:46 PM , Blogger joanna said...

Wow! You guys know how to have fun! That picture of you by the CLIFF makes my knees weak! Beautiful place, too...

 
At 4:14 PM , Blogger Tracy said...

I love that you are able to get away. That is so important. I love coming home and REALLY WANTING to spend every minute with my kids. Getting away is good every once and a while isn't it? And to such a beautiful place too!

 
At 6:45 PM , Blogger Katie said...

WOW. WOW. WOW!!!!! 9 days without the kiddo? You totally lucked out! The scenery is gorgeous--I am sure it was wonderful!

 
At 9:40 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

How fun! I miss the snow - man it looks so beautiful there. Can I come next time ;0)

 
At 9:58 AM , Blogger Lysandra said...

So cool! It wasn't AS romantic. I would take even just a smidge of romanticness. Are you kidding? Besides over a week w/o said child. JEEZ. I am jealous. Plain and simple. jealous. Hey, me and some girlfriends are headed to Luckenbach/Fredricksburg in a few months for drinks and partying. If you are interested give me a buzz.

 
At 11:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures all of them!You and Andrew look like ski models!
Sweet picture of Grandma Quinn and you. Seeing your pictures, makes me homesick for Canada, eh!

 
At 1:28 PM , Blogger Joel and Angela said...

I am so jealous! Looks so beautiful and white! I know you had a great time!
A

 
At 5:27 PM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

What a great vacation. I think Whistler is great, but I haven't been lucky enough to snowboard there. We keep saying we're gonna plan a vacation there, but this time it's Tahoe instead. Can't complain I guess. Maybe next year. For now I'll keep looking at your post :0)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home