The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Problem Solving

I recently get fed up and couldn't take Salem throwing her food on the floor any longer. It is a constant battle between the two of us 3 times a day and I'm tired of the area under her chair looking like complete and utter filth.

So, we are DONE. When I worked at the CDC in Alaska, the children would have to learn to dump their own food after each meal by the time they were in the pre-toddler room...1 year of age. Salem is going on 19 months now, so I thought hmmmmm.........if a one year old can do it, then she is defin. capable of doing so. So, after breakfast yesterday, I let her dump the food that was left in the trash and guess what, not a single piece of food has been thrown on the floor since!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



This is her doing her Salem is "So Big" sign with 2 hands in the air!

Now, why didn't I think of this 9 months ago? It sure as heck would have saved me many, many of Quinn Wars within our household. I love solving problems like this, but could bang my head against the wall because of how simple it was to do so and how LONG it took to accomplish such a task.

2 Comments:

At 8:00 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

She is SOOOOOOO big! I love it. I am going to keep this in mind and do that as soon as the fetus can walk ;0)

 
At 1:36 PM , Blogger Lysandra said...

Isn't frustrating being a mom sometimes. Michael crushes cheerios into dust almost every morning. I just want to scream!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home