The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Never in a MILLION years...........

did I ever think that I would allow Salem to have a princess theme bedroom. Now, the time has come, and there is No turning back. For her upcoming birthday, my mom purchased her a princess castle loft bed (it's a white framed bunk style bed with the bed on top, and a loft area on the bottom. The castle part is pink and purple with stairs going up on one side and a slide coming off the top on the other). It is very cute and I KNOW Salem will love it. Okay, I couldn't pull the photo up, so I just took a picture of it with my camera.


For her bedding, I decided NOT to go with a princess theme. Too much of that stuff would make me want to vomit. So, I went with this set from Pottery Barn and I'm SOOOO in love with it. I also got her name embroidered on it for an extra special touch.
(I just took a picture of one of the shams to give you an idea. The colors are purple, light purple, teal, and green.)





Then, I found this lady, through a friend, that does custom paintings and dirt, DIRT cheap. I paid $89 and she did 6 custom drawings for me on canvas and even matched them perfectly to the colors in the bedding. I couldn't believe it and I don't know how this lady made and $. She lives here in Texas (in Georgetown), and ships anywhere in the U.S. If any of you are in need, please email or call me and I can put you in touch with her. Not only that, but all you need to do is give her a detailed description of what you're looking for, and she'll email you back and forth with sketches of possibilities. She can also make murals; which I think are even better, but Andrew liked the individual ones better because it allows you more flexibility on where to put them. The canvas's are 16x20, so they are a nice (large) sized paintings.


So, all of this wouldn't have been my first choice on room decor for Salem's "Big Girl Room", but I know SHE will have a lot of fun with it, and that's all that matters, right? I figure it's a cheap way to have a cute room, and after we get settled in one spot in the next few years, then we'll buy her "nice" bedroom furniture. Now, I just need to find the nearest IKEA to buy coordinating white dressers, bookcases, etc. I guess I'm more or less letting my kid be a kid. Salem acts older than her age, so at times, I have to bring myself back to reality and remind myself that she's only 19 months old and not 10 (not that she acts 10, but you know what I mean). If it were 100% up to me, I would already decorate her room in teeny bopper stuff (NOT Hannah Montana or High School Musical crap, but cute girly stuff), but what fun would that be for a 2 year old?

So, be honest with me with and tell me what your thoughts are on all of this!

6 Comments:

At 3:34 PM , Blogger Katie said...

I LOVE the bedding! And I love that you have custom made canvas prints. One day I will want to get that info from you. I am SURE Salem will love the bed (with a slide? Awesome.) but I'm scared for you in trying to get her not to fall out of the bed! Though, it does look to have some kind of rails, so that is good! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product in her room.

 
At 8:11 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

She will love it. look out so she and her boyfriends aren't exchanging kisses behind the curtain ;0)

 
At 8:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey it's Yuri and Heather! We just noticed that you guys are in San Antonio! Yuri is attending T-38 PIT at Randolph and we would love to get together. E-mail us at yuri.rage (at) gmail (dot) com.

 
At 12:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noel, it is darling! I love the prints, what a deal. Your decorating skills are so good. What a good Momma you are to Salem.
Love, YaYa

 
At 12:35 AM , Blogger Lysandra said...

What a great gift...the bed is awesome!

 
At 3:07 AM , Blogger Abby & Patrick said...

I think it's very cute (an very girly). I love the paintings - I can't believe that she makes those custom for that little of a charge! She's going to have so much fun with that room and the castle bed :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home