The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sleeping Beauty that needs an Orthodontics fund

Not surprising. Not surprising at all, being that she came from me. I took Salem to the dentist this morning and even though her teeth are free and clear of cavaties, the doctor warned me to start setting aside dinero for braces in the future. WHAT? Are you serious? I didn't even know you could determine such a thing at such a young age, and I even used to work in the dental industry!

She did well considering that she HATES anything that has to do with adults shoving large objects in her mouth to clean or check her teeth. I also was unaware that the recommend first dental visit for a child is at 12 months. Oops!!!! When I called to make her apt., they informed me that I was behind and should have had her in here months ago. Again...What? Me not on top of things? It made me feel like I was a horrible mother and for what, nothing (other than the fact that she got stuck with my shitty ass teeth and will have to pay for it with braces, like I did, when she is a teen).

On another note, I took some photos of her sleeping so peacefully with her lamb, or Baaaa!, as she calls it. My very own Sleeping Beauty!!!

7 Comments:

At 8:54 PM , Blogger joanna said...

How sweet she is! I don't know how they can tell what her teeth will do so far in the future. But Julia is the only of my children to have gone to the dentist yet. Oops! And expecting the dental people to fuss at me for being behind on taking them is part of what keeps me from making an appointment!

 
At 3:52 AM , Blogger Katie said...

WHATever!!!!! I am not taking my kid to the dentist until she is 3, just like everyone has ALWAYS done. I think this 12 month thing is just dentists trying to make more money. Seriously. What are they really going to do for a baby's teeth? Maybe I'm just naive, but.....puh lease. I am WAY behind the power curve. Don't worry about yourself there! :)

I LOVE the sleeping photos. She is so sweet.

 
At 5:07 AM , Blogger Abby & Patrick said...

Braces already? How can they possibly tell that - craziness! I didn't realize you had to take kids so young...

 
At 3:53 PM , Blogger Jacobson said...

Emmy is 3 years old and I'm just now working up the nerve to take her to the dentist. She is not cooperative at all when I take her to the Doc. for her well baby check-ups so I'm sure the dentist will be just as bad. She doesn't mind going, it's when they start touching her and she wants them to back off and they don't... that's when things take a turn for the worst. You'd think that people who work in pediatrics would actually be good with kids.

 
At 12:05 PM , Blogger Andrea_Ben said...

She is soooo sweet! I cannot believe they have you working on an orthodontics fund already!! Lordy, Lordy!

 
At 1:46 PM , Blogger Tracy said...

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L-!
I asked my dentist and they told me not until 3 or 2 if they are having issues. I guess I am way behind. Cait doesn't have hers until this summer.(when she will be almost three)

 
At 11:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at that face! That BEAUTIFUL face!
xoxox Love, YaYa

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home