The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Herbert's Taco Hut

I'll summarize our dinner for you last night at Herbert's Taco Hut:

* I ordered a Taco Salad
* The waitress dropped my Taco Salad at the foot of our table
* 2 minutes later, I had a new one (seemed awfully fast)
* Ate the entire salad because it was good
* Noticed a WAD (not a string) of what appeared to be black hair
* Informed the waitress who then took it to show her boss
* Waitress came back 2 minutes later and said these EXACT words to me:
* " No worries, it wasn't a piece of hair, it's only a piece of CARPET from the floor!"

Me: Holy SHit! Like having a piece of fucking carpet in my food is acceptable! She basically just confirmed the hesitation I had when I got the salad redelivered to me in such promptness. They reused the shell that had been dropped on the floor! The fact that she thought this behavior was okay, just floored me. She didn't apologize or anything and thought that I should be fine with it too. My girlfriend had terrible food poising from them last week, but we've heard many other fabulous reviews on the place that we thought we would check it out regardless. Andrew also didn't find it to be a big deal either which didn't help the situation. If it had happened to him, it would have been a different story, it always is. His response was: " Well, you know they didn't reuse the food (because it stayed on the floor the entire time we were there and people just kept stepping over it in the busy walkway), so you know they ONLY reused the shell." GEEZ honey, thanks!!!!! There's nothing better than having a tasty piece of carpet for a snack!!!!

Does anyone else see a problem with this? Some people I know are telling me to report them and others (my husband), say let it go. I'm upset, grossed out, and terribly disappointed on how the situation was handled. They took the salad off of the bill, but I feel that it was the least they could have done. They should have paid for the entire table (we had friends with us too). I feel that the owner should have come by acknowledged the fact that they were at fault.

I won't be giving them business again....EVER!

10 Comments:

At 10:42 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

The manager should have paid for more of the bill than just yours - maybe drinks or appetizers if not the whole thing. I say report them, but know I personally would never get around to it. That is awful and I would have probably gotten sick to my stomach all over the waitresses shoes and said "oh well, at least it was food from here!"

 
At 12:37 PM , Blogger joanna said...

Barf!! Yuck! I think I might throw up. They deserve to be reported. If they've had bad reviews in the past, this incident isn't isolated and probably should be on record. You'd think if they were going by the 5 second rule they'd at LEAST brush it off. Gross. Think of the germs. And being pregnant... I think a letter to the restaurant management might also be called for, but they'll probably only offer a gift cert. for the restaurant and if I were you, I'd never go back. And I'd tell everyone I know not to go back. And I'd tell them that in the letter. I think a piece of carpet in the food is worse than a hair.

 
At 12:43 PM , Blogger joanna said...

OH and I agree the owner or manager should have come by to talk to you. Maybe you could have asked to speak to him/her - I probably wouldn't have done that, I'd just hold a grudge. Yuck

 
At 12:44 PM , Blogger joanna said...

They also should have cleaned up the rest of the spill... gross! and sorry for the 3 big comments...

 
At 1:42 PM , Blogger The Quinn Report said...

At least I know you two have my back!
Thanks!

 
At 6:56 PM , Blogger The Gilbert Crew said...

All I can say is Taco Cabana! Ii is by far my favorite in SA. They have a great Taco salad! So Sorry though boo, that sucks especially when you are preggers!!! We will be sure never to eat there!!!!

 
At 4:01 PM , Blogger d-people said...

F-THAT!!!! You should totally do something about it. The restaurant business is sink or swim so they should be doing anything to kiss your ass and while they know they will probably not keep your business, hopefully their ass-kissing will keep the bad word from spreading. Shit happens yeah, but the fact that they made this seem like a normal incident? You should totally report 'em.

 
At 6:48 PM , Blogger Abby & Patrick said...

Holy crap - I'd be pissed! I think you should report them to the health inspectors. Who knows who else that's happen to. That's completely unsanitary - people eat taco shells - she might as well have picked up the lettuce off the floor and reused that too!

 
At 6:36 PM , Blogger Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

GROSS!!

 
At 12:12 AM , Blogger Lysandra said...

ditto!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home