The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Gymnast Salem





Ah, she is going to be my little, very own gymnast! I signed her up to take gymnastics classes this summer at the facility she goes to often for open gym here in NB. One of her girlfriends hosted her birthday party there this weekend; which solidified my reasoning to do so...SHE LOVES IT! The price made me fall out of my chair ($155 for eight weeks with 1 class per week), but I had to. I read, and did research, that it can help with (obviously) balancing, focus, and cognitive development now and later on in life. I also figured she needed some other form of structure in her life taught by someone else other than ME!




I can't pin-point it, but for a lack of less than appropriate words, she has been a little SHIT this week and I'm about to pull my hair out. Out of of clearing F'ing Blue, she has started hitting Andrew and I. With Andrew, I'm pretty sure she's only been successful at pulling a fast one on him once; for she freaked out when he raised his voice at her. Me, on the other hand, she could give a damn what I say or do. I know it's just a phase, but it's a phase I want to nip in the butt ASAP and get my angel back and in proper working order. Every reaction she gives me involves throwing something at me, Lilly, across the room. or hitting me on the leg, face (depending on which level I'm on with her). I hate it. I couldn't even take it any more last night and just broke down crying. It kills me and just hurts my feelings to look at my child, who I spend so much time and energy on trying to raise her properly, wacking me left and right.

Maybe she needs an intervention.

I also purchased her a black skirted leotard for her classes today. With her attitude lately, I find it very fitting. Maybe all the other kids will fear the evil as have I this past week and not mess with her. There was a pink one that screamed girly, frilly, I'm here to be cute and twirl around and then the black one: I'm a bad ass. Salem, is in fact, a bad ass.

5 Comments:

At 7:04 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

My neice has started hitting too, she is 2 weeks older than Salem. It must be a phase. I love the photos, she looks like she is having sooo much fun :0)

 
At 9:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! She is having so much fun. She looks like Andrew, in a tutu. Tutu cute!

Love, YaYa

 
At 9:25 PM , Blogger Joel and Angela said...

She will love it! My girls love gymnastics too (they take on base, but I won't tell you that it is $25a month). We have been to JR and it is a really nice place! The girls ice skating is about that much for 8 lessons!! But they do get 8 free skates and we think it is worth it too.
I commented already on your announcement post! But I will say again..CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you are doing well. I can't believe we haven't even seen each other since the Christmas party! That is just terrible! We should get together SOON!! Once this little one arrives I am sure I will be sitting here at home for a while!

 
At 10:05 AM , Blogger Lysandra said...

It's a phase but I whacked Mikey back the first time he did it. He was freaked. I apologized to him and told him we don't hit people. I know I hit him but it was more to scare him. He hasn't done it since. After I hit him back he said ouch...and I told him that it was ouchie when he hit mommy. Anyways, maybe you could do what we do now which is a time out. It sucks when they are so little but she is just testing you out.

 
At 11:35 AM , Blogger d-people said...

No worries, she has a RAD mommy and will realize it soon! While she does look way cute in her little pink skirt the black leotard idea is hilarious, you have to post pics when you get them!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home