The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

B & B

No, I'm not speaking of a bed & breakfast; although, that doesn't sound too shabby! Instead, I'm going to tell you about our AWESOME day yesterday BOATING with our friends in the AM, and hitting the town and having our BABYSITTER in the PM! Could the day get any better? Actually, it could have had I been able to throw back a couple beverages of choice out on the lake yesterday with everyone else, but hey, next year, right?



She LOVES her Barbie life-jacket and wanted to sleep with it the night before!

So, we headed out @ 10 AM to Canyon Lake that takes us less than 10 minutes to get to. The boys wake-boarded, surfed (yes, you can surf the waves behind the boat....look at photos); while the girls relaxed and caught some rays. Salem LOVED the "wa-wa boat" and didn't fuss even once. I couldn't believe it. She had an absolute blast, and keeps asking when we're going to go back out on the boat. I wish we could afford one, because it would SURE be a nice thing to have around here!

Josh surfing it up for us!

Andrew giving it a run for the first try!

Andrew ripping it up on the wake-board


Passed out on the way back

Then, a few hours after we returned, our sitter arrived. SHE IS WONDERFUL! Salem felt comfortable with her right off the bat, and Andrew and I were able to walk out of the house without a problem. It was THAT easy! Get this, Andrew and I had a talk about the "$3 money issue" that she was asking to get paid, and we just couldn't bring ourselves to pay her that poorly. It sounds like a steal of a deal, but come on, $3 an hour? Baby sitting is hard work and I sure as shit wouldn't work for that. So, we decided to pay her $5 (plus a little extra), and we still feel like we came out ahead! It gets even better, she didn't want to take the $35 I had given her, and said: "Mrs. Quinn, I can't accept all this money. It isn't right for me to take all of this, I would like to give $20 back to you." WTF kid? It's only $35, you watched my kid all night so I could go out and enjoy myself, it's 1AM, and my GOD, take the damn money, you earned it! She only lives 2 minutes away from me, she's a smart girl, and she bonded with my daughter; therefore, I will hold onto this one for dear life for the rest of our stay in Texas! Yes, she's a keeper!
We had to hit up Cold Stone after our yummy sushi!

WE enjoyed our evening with our friends Patrick and Heather who got married last weekend!

6 Comments:

At 10:31 AM , Blogger joanna said...

The lake looks like fun! I can't believe you were comfortable laying on your tummy!

 
At 12:39 PM , Blogger Heather Bridges said...

thanks girl!! wish you coulda been there too!! Salem is so friggin in the boat pictures!! call me soon...

 
At 1:13 PM , Blogger The Gilbert Crew said...

Love the pics, looks like an awesome day, it rained here yesterday so no sun for us..:( Anywho, glad the babysitter worked out, it is always much more fun when you can leave your little one happy instead of crying!

 
At 7:51 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Yea, how WERE you laying on your tummy? The boat looked awesome!

Word of Advice: DO NOT TELL ANYONE about your babysitter (as in, don't give your neighbors her number!) Hang on to that one for dear life!

 
At 7:55 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

Looks like fun!! Little Salem looks like she had a blast. Gotta love that babysitter :0)

 
At 9:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

But how do you prove to the buyer your land is worth the money? If you're thinking of selling or leasing your hunting property, game feeders and trail cameras are two of the best tools you can use to make a sale.. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry Bayswater Bags[/url] So basically, the purpose of an assault style weapon is to kill more stuff, more fully, faster and from further away. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose[/url] Lwllrlbot
http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk Bqlzjheje [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose outlet toronto[/url] blhkwdmyu

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home