The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Resolution


May 2005-triathalon in AK
Last night I was going through our photos trying to get all the "Salem shots" organized, when I came across a random photo folder of me and my "races before baby." I immediately freaked out and realized what my New Year's resolution was going to be. "Helloooooo, I want my pre-baby body back, and the hair that goes along with it"-- I am DONE with short hair and want the long locks back. Although, it seems that it doesn't matter how hard I work, my body WILL NOT go back to the way it was. I don't lift weights as much as I used to, but I do more cardio now and I can't get the thighs to shrink; they weren't small to begin with, but at least go back to the way you damn things were. Do any of you mommies feel the same way? I can fit into my "old clothes" but they don't fit the same. You always want what you don't have--- I swear. I thought I was fat before I had a kid, and now I would give almost anything to be where I was. Please don't get wrong, Salem is everything to me (and then some), but you still want to be hot--even more so after having a child. I need more wine!

July 2005--Mt. Marathon Race in Seward, AK.


6 Comments:

At 9:41 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

It has only been a few months, you will get there! You look fantastic and many of us that have never had babies would love to be your size....pooh.

 
At 4:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have attempted to comment twice now. Needless to say, because I am super annoyed that my comment is now in never-never land I will summerize:

Let me just say that I was giving you a hard time about your post... especially, because your comment on my blog. Are you, super fitness freak, trying to freak me out about having this baby??

 
At 7:08 PM , Blogger The Quinn Report said...

NO,NO,NO,----I'm not trying to freak you out. I just think, as women, our bodies NEVER go back to THE EXACT way they were before giving birth to a child. You might be skinnier in one place, but be heavier in another. It's a give and take situation. It's just very hard to explain.

However, I don't think you'll have a problem. And by that, I mean that you will for sure be able to go back to the same size you were before. The jeans just might fit a little different--at first, or forever. DON'T FREAK OUT!!! I am and its not getting me anywhere!

 
At 9:35 PM , Blogger Jacobson said...

Yep, I understand what you mean. After I had Emmy, I feel like my bod was better in some ways and worse in others. I actually got to keep the bigger boobs! But I think I could have worked on toning back up a bit. I lost all the wieght and then some after her. Now that I've had Spencer... I lost the boobs :( I still want to lose just a few more lbs and start lifting weights. I fit in all my clothes but you're right, they just don't fit like they used to. I'm so glad I didn't get the stretch marks and other crap that some women have to deal with. As if giving birth isn't enough.

 
At 10:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noel, you look awesome! You are so beautiful and in great shape! I need you as my trainer.

Love, Mommie

 
At 11:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look great and the neat thing is that nobody other than you really notices those changes. Yes, I can fit into my old clothes, but for some reason the shirts all seem too short! I am definitely smaller overall though...I think that has a lot to do with breast feeding. All my pants are too big. You look great and still have a ways to go (it took 9 months to get that way give it 9 months to get back)...it only has been a few months. It took me 6-7 months.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home