The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Is He 12 or 31?




Yesterday, was Andrew's 31st birthday!!! He took the day off to spend
it with us, but things didn't go as planned; they never do with kids.
We had big plans to go toSchlitterbahn , but they were closed, Sea
World...they were also closed, and then, Salem came down with an ear
infection. So, instead, we spent his big day getting her into the
doctor and comforting her. Poor thing. There is NOTHING worse than
seeing your child not feel well. It sucks EVERYTHING you have out of
you. You feel hopeless and want to pull your hair out with the thought
of something not being quite right with them. Basically, NO FUN.


I
didn't even want to take Salem out of the house,so I made appetizers
and cake (that I had in the pantry) for Andrew. He ended up with a
vanilla cake with vanilla frosting (can you say BORING), and Tex Mex
Chicken Melts for dinner. He also went out and got himself a Dairy
Queen Blizzard (can you say HEALTHY?). I feel bad for him. I woke up at
4:30 AM to ATTEMPT to make him his favorite(s):Swedish Pancakes; but that definitely
didn't turn out. I thought they would take HOURS, but they only took
minutes, and I still managed to F them up. I ended up waking him up ass
crack early just so he could eat eggs and coffee. Why he puts up with
me; sometimes I just don't know.

Besides all of that, I took
these pictures of him and about wet my pants. There is nothing about
him that makes him look his age. He looks like he isfreakin' celebrating his 12th (Okay, pure exaggeration..maybe not 12, but at most, 18th) birthday. Do you not agree? I also LOOOVVVEEE the look on Salem's face. She's like: "This blows guys. Where's my freakin
' presents? I want it to be my birthday again!" Like father, like
daughter. Andrew made the comment that he was jealous of Salem's All
White Birthday Bash. I thought mothers and daughters got jealous of
each other; not the other way around. Great, I'm really in for it
between the two of them.


3 Comments:

At 6:24 AM , Blogger Katie said...

Happy Birthday, Andrew! All the food looks REALLY delicious. I would love to get the recipe for the Tex Mex melts. Those look scrumptious. I wish I was eating one right now!

 
At 3:26 PM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

All that food talk is making me drool...I'm STARVING! What all is in a Tex Mex Melt? Sounds delicious.

By the way...awesome stenciling on the birthday cake. hehehe

Happy Belated Birthday, Andrew. (pass that on :O), thanks)

 
At 9:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrew does look like he's about 18! Next year Andrew, an all white birthday party for you too!!

Noel, you get an A+ for your efforts.

Love, Momma

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home