The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

It's Fun To Be ONE!!!

















I bet you are all releaved that I FINALLY got around to a new post; however, I am lookin' "fly" in my photos and I do love to stare at myself and you should too! We have recently had a TON of guests come in and out of town to ring in the wonderful 1st year of Sweet Baby Salem! Yesterday was her birthday and she celebrated in true Hollywood fashion by having an ALL WHITE BIRTHDAY BASH!! And what a bash it was! A true sight to see! We had group family photos done in the AM followed by the white bash that lasted until wee hours of the night. We served only white food and you had to wear white in order to attend.(A few of our friends didn't read the invite correctly and thought that as long as they had white on, it would cut it...well not in The Quinn book people and next time we expect you to follow directions!)

She was a doll from start to finish and I couldn't ask for a sweeter baby than Salem. I found myself, throughout the entire day, reminiscing the past year of her life. There were months that I HATED at the time (living out of bags in Georgia), but now that I look back on it, they were AMAZING months because we were together as a family. She brings such joy to my life and I didn't want yesterday to end. I cried(what seemed like for hours), over her last night as I held her in my arms after she had fallen asleep. Then, I spent the entire night getting up and down with her because she just wanted her mommy and daddy. It was so sweet! It was like I really did relive the same day 1 year later. She NEVER gets up during the middle of the night anymore, but last night, she just wanted to be with us like she was a baby again. She also never sleeps with us, but when she kept saying "Dada, Dada", all night long, I finally gave up and put her in bed with him. She literally crawled in his arms and slept there for hours with her daddy....no joke! That is also coming from a child her typically will not cuddle.

Overall, everything turned out perfectly. There wasn't even 1 baby that cried or even began to make a fuss at her party. Isn't that CRAZZZY? There were 9 babies total and 17 adults. It was 6 hours of pure fun!

Oh, and Salem started walking on her birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 Comments:

At 11:01 PM , Blogger Tracy said...

There is nothing like seeing a daddy with his little girl or girls is there?

 
At 7:03 AM , Blogger Katie said...

Even the dog wore the right color! I love the all white. That is so awesome for photos! Happy, happy birthday to beautiful little Salem. And congratulations to her parents for making it through the first year. I want to cry for you. I know that feeling and I still cry when I think of Becca as a baby. Nothing sweeter than a baby girl!

 
At 8:03 AM , Blogger The Quinn Report said...

Katie & Tracy,
I agree with you both 100%!!

 
At 11:46 AM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

What a great day for all of you. I love the all white! I even took an all white outfit with me to our WA trip incase we made it back in time. Of course we didn't, but I do have a little something for Salem's 1st birthday. I bet you can't wait for all of the firsts Salem is going to have this next year.

 
At 1:26 AM , Blogger Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

Happy birthday and congrats on walking. How fun.

Wilson is almost 6 months and I am already crying over him not being a baby anymore. He is soo big. Even though he gets more fun every day, I miss that sweet little baby who had the soft little cry.

They grow up so fast, too fast.

 
At 7:47 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

I wish I could have been there! Happy belated B-day to Salem. her gift is sitting on our bar. I am such a slacker! Give her hugs and raspberries for me :0)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home