The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Text: GET A LIFE LOSER!

I was at the gym yesterday and I couldn't help but notice the homo texting his friends while he was trying to get an ab work out in. Guess what? It wasn't working out very well for him, imagine that! He would crunch a time or two and then have to stop to correct his mistakes.

I just DON'T understand the whole text message craze. It is the most annoying thing to try and hold a conversation with someone sitting in front of your face while they are sending a message to a friend to let them know that they're thinking of them. Isn't that sweet? It is so rude and I hate that people say it is a time saver. That is BULLSHIT. I can say: "Like Oh My God, what are you wearing tonight?", a hell of a lot faster than I can type it. Time saver, give me a flippin' break.

Back to the loser at the gym. Why bother even coming to the gym? Did he really think he was breaking a sweat doing so?
Can anyone out there please explain this whole thing to me? It is taking over the world. I have friends, friends I tell you, that say they text over 100 messages a day. What? Over a 100 messages a day! How do they get anything else done? Explain, explain, explain this nonsense to me!

5 Comments:

At 3:22 PM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

I text, but rarely. Usually when I know the other person can't talk and I need to get a quick message to them. It's funny you wrote this because Friday I made fun of a friend of me that kept texting while he was driving out of town. I called him and said..."No more texting! That's only when one of the people can't talk. Otherwise...CALL ME!" hehe. He's a good friend, so it was all in fun, but seriously...don't do it all of the time!

 
At 8:00 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

This is what I deal with at school ALL DAY LONG!! I have to say it is a maturity thing. Those that cannot be out of connection for 5 minutes are usually pretty immature and need to be in touch with their friends or their life will end. He is no doubt, very young and very single!!!

 
At 11:03 AM , Blogger Tracy said...

I just came from my home town and my little sister (17) can type a text message faster than I can talk. Believe me I can talk fast. I feel SO old in saying she is so much better at technology than I am. I use my phone to call people. She uses hers for everything except washing dishes! Although she is nice to have to try and explain things on my phone! Oh well, I guess that is the breaks of getting older?

 
At 9:46 PM , Blogger Katie said...

It is like people are really just detaching more and more. First, we just called our friends instead of meeting with them. Then, we emailed them instead of calling. Now we text instead of emailng. It is like we are more connected, but really less connected than EVER. It is sick and something is wrong with our society.

 
At 2:40 PM , Blogger Joel and Angela said...

Good point Katie!! My parents have gotten into texting recently. Joel told me I had to tell them to stop texting....it was costing us a whole 10 cents every time they texted! Other than that, I don't text.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home