The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Friday, September 07, 2007

FashionTini Thursday


Wait, is that Clockwork Orange trying to steal my man? If only I would have had a cane...now THAT would have been something!


No, no, just silly me thinking skinny to fit into my size 25 jeans!

They fit, but DAAMMMNNN...they looked and fit tight (and not in the cool way). You can never hide a fat ass behind a pair of jeans!


No Eva. Overall, the experience was, I would have to say, an
experience. I had some fun, didn't have some fun, but all and all, you
always learn and grow from any situation you put yourself in. The
fashion show was located at the Hotel Valencia downtown San Antonio.
They called the event "FashionTini Thursday"; which incorporated a male and female fashion show by a local, overpriced boutique, along with a martini-themed
evening. The location was AMAZING and beautiful. I was treated (in the
beginning), like a queen and had everything handed to me. They knew who
I was when I pulled up,valet and paid for my parking, had a super
trendy salon come to the Presidential Suite to do me up from head to
toe, and had things offered to me left and right. Sounds fun, right?

Me and the 13 year old were the only "models" there for the event. All
the other people in the show were employees of the hotel. So, the
entire staff (of models), decided to get "shit faced off of their
asses." Everything was for free, so they were doing shots of this and
that left and right. I kept having things offered to me, but nicely
kept turning them down.

However, right before the show was getting ready to start, the model in front of me had (what appeared to be cranberry juice in a HUGE glass---which sounded tasty considering the fact that I had JUST started ragging THE MOMENT I arrived and I know
that cranberry juice can do wonders for your vagine) , but it ended up being a cranberry with vodka and I HATE VODKA. I immediately went yuck and passed it to the male model behind me whose eyes lit up when I did so. At that very moment, the coordinator of the event came over and started yelling at me (like I was 10),screaming that I wasn't allowed to drink. I was completely taken back by all of this and confused off of my ass considering the fact that her ENTIRE hotel staff was blitzed off of their asses, when all I did was take a flippin ' sip of something. She
said my agency didn't agree with anyone drinking, while working, and
that she was going to report me. I DO understand where my agency would
want such a thing, but I was never told of this, and the whole thing
seemed hypercritical to me when everyone else around me can barely stand
up, AND, AND, the event was taken place at a cocktail lounge. Not to
mention, it was only a sip and I didn't even want or like it bitch.


I'm waiting to see what my agent will say to me. I really could give to
shits. It was fun, but not THAT fun. The industry is FULL of people who
think their bigger and better than the last or next person. They'll kiss
your ass when they want something from you and immediately toss you to
the curb the next second. At the time, wouldn't you know that I was
being told that I was the hottest thing wearing their clothes, and
right after, they were yelling at us to give them back to them in
tip-top shape and checking everything off 3 times to make sure you didn't steal from them. Give me a break dude. I'm a 24 year old MOTHER and I don't give a rats ass about your fucking $600 pair of jeans
that did nothing for my figure but make me look like a fat fuck. Fuck you.
Then you have the nerve to tell me to come by your boutique to buy the
clothes I wore for a 25% discount.Hhhmmm , 25% discount off of a $600
dress.....up your discount percentage and then maybe we'll talk. My
model salary can't afford your $600 dress.

Besides all of that B.S., it was fun. Andrew was there, some friends of ours came out
to show their support, and we went out to Rita's for a Mexican food dinner on the Riverwalk. The best thing about it is that I always get to come home to my babies: Salem and Andrew.

4 Comments:

At 2:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noel, you look so pretty! I am so proud of my girl. I wish I could of been there.

Love, Momma

 
At 9:43 PM , Blogger Tracy said...

Seriously, a 25? I think those might fit around my left thigh. Did you get take out afterwards? Anyone who fits into that size needs more food!

 
At 11:06 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

You look good in those jeans, despite what you think!! You look like you were having fun.....maybe you do like the limelight ;0)

 
At 6:34 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Holy Cow! That is so awesome that you are getting paid to model! First of all, you look amazing. I personally think those jeans look awesome on you.

Secondly, there is no way I would pay 600 dollars for that dress. It is cute and you look totally professional and gorgeous in it...but 600 bucks? WHATEVER.

I hope you don't get in trouble. I didn't know cranberry was good for the vagine (was that from Borat?)....just thought it was for the bladder. I better get to drinking more! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home