The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Natural Bridge Caverns



The bridge on the outside of the cave..where the name came from

If you are ever in the San Antonio area and looking for something to do, I highly recommend checking out the Natural Bridge Caverns. I took the kids (Salem + Andrew) there on Monday, and it was well worth it. I have to admit that I was skeptical at first...Caverns in New Braunfels, Texas, PLEASE! However, they were great and just as good as others I've seen in Utah and Colorado. If you have little ones, the only way to do it is with a hiker carrier..and that was even challenging. At some points, Andrew almost had to be on all floors to get through the low ceilings.



Salem, on the other, didn't much care for it. I think the darkness of it all, along with the rythem of Andrew carrying her, made her tired and she crashed out in the end game. Can't blame the poor kid. If I was as lucky to have someone lug me around like that, I would have fallen asleep too.

The Fern...only living thing inside the cave.


Bat dookie!







The best part about the whole experience was getting there right when they opened at 9:00 AM. We had our very own private tour and as we were leaving, lines of school buses were pulling in. I would have probably jumped over the 100 ft. railing in the cave and killed myself if I had to deal with a butt load of kids. Yikes!

6 Comments:

At 8:22 PM , Blogger Katie said...

The "kids!" I LOVE IT!

Do you know we moved to Austin in 1982 and I have NEVER been to those caverns? How stupid! I should totally go!

 
At 10:10 PM , Blogger The Gilbert Crew said...

You all are smart for doing that in Nov. We took are happy butts down there in JUNE!!! Yes, June! I had Abigail in a front carrier and thought I was going to faint having to walk back up. I didn't have to work out for about 3 days though! :}

 
At 9:37 AM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

I wanna kick myself for not going there yet. I've lived here my whole life and haven't gone there. Thanks for the info on when to get there. I WILL make it there eventually. Oh, I've gotta great plan now :0) Call you soon.
By the way...the bat dookie made me giggle, hehehe, and I love that shirt you're wearing.

 
At 9:38 AM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

I just read Katie's comment...(I'm shaking my head at the two of us).

 
At 8:40 PM , Blogger Lysandra said...

I went to that cavern as a kid! I loved it! It was so cool. I also have that same shirt you are wearing in the first picture. Great minds!

 
At 9:29 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

How cool! If I come visit, I want to go there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home