The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Our Cover Girl


Last week I signed a contract with The Picture People for them to use Salem as a model for the holidays. It wasn't guaranteed that they were going to use her, but flattering to say the least. So, on Thursday I took a hike into San Antonio to look for a dress for the holidays, when what to my wondering eyes did appear......But beautiful pictures of my sweet, Baby Salem lined up and framed inside The Picture People!!!! Me, being the out of control mother that at I, hysterically ran in there, was screaming at the top of my lungs at Salem to look at her adorable self, was throwing things out of my purse onto the floor to get to my phone to call Andrew, realized he was flying and couldn't answer my important phone call, opted to call my mom instead, threw more things out of my purse onto to floor to get to my camera, took pictures of the pictures, and walked out of there even more ready to shop than I was 2 minutes prior to all the madness...SHEWWW!

It doesn't end there.

Then, yesterday, I hosted playgroup at my house with all my girlfriends, and one of them came across pictures of Salem inside a different store!!! OH MY GOD!!! Maybe we're on to something here. Maybe she can become rich and famous, and Andrew and I could sit around on our asses for the rest of our lives and live off her her income. What? What's wrong with banking off of your own kid? Everyone's doing it. We could live lavishly, travel to PRIMO destinations, get Nip and Tucked from all the fantastic food and wine we could eat, and never have to lift a single finger again around the house.....Aaaahhhh.....what a life.

But NO. Instead, we're stuck in a little SLICE OF HEAVEN here in New Braunfels, Texas for the next two years with not a single snow covered mountain in sight. I don't understand why Texans refer to the state they live in as heaven. If this is what heaven looks like, I definitely don't want to go there. Alaska is where I want to be. I miss it there...sigh.

9 Comments:

At 3:39 PM , Blogger Tracy said...

I will have to run into our picture people and see if she made it out East! What a great shot!

 
At 3:39 PM , Blogger Tracy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:34 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

How exciting!!! I would be scouring the malls looking for more!

 
At 7:58 PM , Blogger Katie said...

WOW!!!! Like mommy, like daughter! That is a beautiful picture. I think Salem is extremely photogenic (obviously!)

So, was that one of the shots you just had done for yourself? Or did they set up a shoot with that?

 
At 8:43 PM , Blogger The Quinn Report said...

No, they were pictures I had taken of Salem last week for the holidays.

 
At 1:00 PM , Blogger Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

What an adorable little star!! Wow! I love the picture!

 
At 1:13 PM , Blogger Lysandra said...

I have been thinking about how much I miss Alaska too! Crazy how you get used to winter. Salem looks gorgeous!

 
At 3:35 PM , Blogger Jacobson said...

What a sweet picture of Salem... I love the frame they put it in too! : )

 
At 7:12 AM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

How cool, Noel!!! I would be looking all over for more and more pictures. I'm so happy you took pictures of her picture :0) What a doll!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home