The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Noel Scissorhands





Okay, it's been a few weeks since I took the plunge, so cut me a little slack on the photo. Let me just make it clear that up until almost 3 weeks ago, we hadn't trimmed our outside bushes...EVER. We have been in our home since March, our landscaping was put in in January, and it was the end of October by now; so you can only imagine what the front of our home looked like...CRAP. I was embarassed when I would be out front doing something and see a neighbor walk by. We have such a beautiful home and our yard looked ghetto. To even add to the ghettoness, we STILL have our trailer that we bought to move from AK sitting in our driveway with a HUGE FOR SALE sign on it. Andrew seems to think that it will just magically sell by sitting on our empty street with only 3 other neighbors on the entire block. Honey, I hate to break it to you, but I don't think so. If we had a vehicle that I could properly move the trailer to a for sale lot, I would do it for him.

Moving On.

I couldn't take the front yard any longer. Andrew didn't want to mess with it because really, he is lazy and afraid of what he might come across in such a jungle of a yard. He wanted to hire a crew to do it for us, but I wasn't about to pay someone $200 to spruce things up when we are perfectly capable of doing so ourselves. So, I got my ass out there and took care of business with these..... Yes, they are kitchen shears!

We don't own ANY yard tools, or other handy tools for that matter, so I did what I had to do with what I had. I really am proud of myself that I did such a thing and pat myself on the back whenever I am coming and going. People were literally driving by and watching what I was doing in their family minivans. It was by far the greatest forearm workout I have ever had.

Now if only I can get Andrew to move the damn trailer.....fat chance.

5 Comments:

At 4:25 PM , Blogger joanna said...

Ha ha Ha!! Once I started to mow the yard in AK with yard clippers when our mower was broken. QTip offered to mow for me. How could I refuse? Too bad your neighbors didn't at least offer to let you borrow their tools! Of course, then you wouldn't be able to pat yourself on the back the same way... Good job! The house (and landscaping) do look beautiful!

 
At 5:21 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

I cannot believe you did it with scissors.....impressive! You have a lot of trimming to do, I am amazed your arm is capable of moving after that!!!

 
At 7:11 PM , Blogger Katie said...

I can't believe there are people in America who own ever fewer gardening tools than we do!!!! That cracks me up. You know, clippers don't really cost that much! :)

Your house is BEAUTIFUL! Just gorgeous! I love it!

 
At 9:45 PM , Blogger Tracy said...

The trailor is showing character. A little mysterious maybe? And hey, you still have Alaska plates right? That explains it, if anyone would ask, just say that is how it works in AK. I am sure they are looking at the plug hanging out of your car and wondering what the hell that is more than the trailor in your driveway!

 
At 1:13 PM , Blogger Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

Well done Mrs. Scissorhands.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home