The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Monday, November 12, 2007

13.1 Miles

I did it! Yesterday I ran my first (and hopefully not my last) half marathon. I had a blast, loved every sweaty step of it, and now, it makes me want to do a full. There's always that next step to achieve. Oneday, I want to work myself up to an IronMan. Mark my word,even if it means doing it in my 30-40's..I will!

My timing was okay. Now that I know what I'm in for, I feel that I can do better next time. My total time was 1:55:46. I placed 29th in my age group, 154th out of all the women, and 590 overall (men and women). That put my average pace at an 8:58 minute mile. My original goal was 2:00, so I'm definitely pleased with my results. Having not ran that far EVER in my life, I didn't really know what to expect.

I wore a sports bar, so unfortunately ,I don't have any marathon boobie shots like Katie Holmes did last weekend. Now how in the heck did she run without a bra? I wore one and my boobs are killing me this morning. I don't care if all you have are ant hills; we, as girls, know that you still need to sport one. My goodness!

Andrew didn't catch any photos during the race, so these were all taken after. We were laughing because the whole thing looks staged with not a single other person in sight.

7 Comments:

At 9:07 AM , Blogger Tracy said...

yeah you! Keep it going!

 
At 10:10 AM , Blogger Andrea_Ben said...

congrats girl, now it is time to give that booty a rest and let yourself recover!!!

 
At 10:11 AM , Blogger Katie said...

I am IMPRESSED! That is awesome!!!

 
At 10:29 AM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

Way to go!!!

 
At 3:55 PM , Blogger Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

awesome, awesome, awesome! good for you. you so kicked ass. inspirational i must say...

 
At 3:24 PM , Blogger The Gilbert Crew said...

Okay Wonder Woman, where did you come from?? I am scarred of you. That is so awesome. If you have any extra energy, throw some my way! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 5:03 PM , Blogger Lysandra said...

Good job...another friend of mine ran that weekend too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home