The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

South Beach




First off, we are supposed to be in Del Rio at this very given moment to visit Val, Joe, and for HARB's air show; however, wouldn't you know that Andrew has now caught the terrible sickness that's been lingering our family for the past 2 weeks. My poor baby, I hope he doesn't get it as bad as we did.

So, SOUTH BEACH! I LOVED IT! What a place, what a place. I've never seen anything like it in my life. The only way I can describe it (which isn't very good), is Expensive 80's/90's. I came home with only a few pieces of street vendor jewelry because I couldn't afford anything in the stores. How do people survive there? What I want to know is how everyone makes their money. The atmosphere just screams richness and I definitely felt like we stood out like a sore thumb. I saw more ass and boobs than I've ever seen in my life. Women were lying on the beach almost naked all over the place and not a soul seemed to care. I mean, come on, what guy would EVER find that offensive, and what girl has enough guts to confront some half naked hottie (who not to mention looks better than you ever would in dental floss?) I couldn't believe my eyes. Not only was there nakedness, but women were running, RUNNING on the beach in their itsy-bitsy bikinis. How do they do it? They must have to tape their jugs to the inside of their suits. I just couldn't hack such a thing. My boobies would be flying out of my suit and I would have permanent scars in between my butt cheeks from my bottom riding up my ass crack. It just wouldn't be flattering on me and these women actually made it look good. I wonder who their doctor is?




What the heck, I like all 3 photos!

If you're military, $100 bucks buys you a sweet, boutique style, hotel room located right on South Beach. If you're not, it'll cost you $300 or more. We dined at Danny Devito's restaurant the evening we arrived, and OH MY GOD, it was the best food we both probably ever had in our lives! Very, very, expensive, but good! The guy knows his food; well just look him!


The following day we walked around Miami Beach and ran into the owner of Miami Ink. He's HOT! We also ate lunch at one of the many cafes and Andrew ordered a mojito that he couldn't even finish. HE WAS TRASHED! I wish you all could have seen it. They definitely live up to their expectations of being the best place for killer mojitos.


Size does matter! His mojito vs. my alci-free pina colada!

South Beach was a wonderful getaway; which we'd love to go back with friends and when I don't have a bun in the oven!

4 Comments:

At 8:07 AM , Blogger Katie said...

You're alcohol-free pina colada made me cry a little. I HATE vacationing in awesome places when I can't partake of the local beverages!!!!! :) It looks like a fun getaway! What is the name of the hotel with the deal?

 
At 8:11 AM , Blogger The Quinn Report said...

The South Beach Marriott and let me tell you, it was WONDERFUL! If you and John are looking for a place to visit on your Florida trip, I would highly recommend this area and this specific hotel!

 
At 4:04 PM , Blogger Lysandra said...

So cool. I am glad you had fun!

 
At 9:53 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

Fun, Fun!! Ben looked at your blog with me and remenisced about his days of living a few blocks off south beach. Nice pics!
I hate traveling right now since I cannot drink. Sad that so much of our time spent traveling includes sampling local brews and such. Look out Alaska and the 3rd trimester, I am drinking some beers!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home