The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Monday, May 05, 2008

Magic Kingdom





We ventured out and attempted to take Salem to Magic Kingdom. I say attempted because 3 rides, 1 tree house, and $152 bucks later, the experience was over. We went on a Sunday (first mistake) because Disney's website says that it is one of the least crowded days; but after seeing the lines at 90+ minute waits, I call major BS! I guess I set my expectations to high on how well I thought she would do at this age. She did exceptionally well, but when nap time rolled around and it was scorching hot outside, it was downhill from there. So, Grammy and Papa took her home and Andrew and I stayed, went shopping, and had dinner at Boma's inside Animal Kingdom, which was amazing! I know have found a new love with South African food. My palate had never tasted anything so good!


Andrew had to take a walk after dinner becuase he ate tooooo much food and thought he was going to get sick!

Salem rides included: It's A Small World, Flying Dumbo (with Daddy), and Snow White's Scary Adventure. We did Snow White's Scary Adventure because there was NO wait time for it. She did fine with it at this age, but a few months from now, I know we wouldn't have been able to get away with it (the scary Snow White ride). Katie, I don't think it's a ride Becca would enjoy! She would want nothing to do with Snow White ever again!








I'll post more of our adventures tomorrow!

6 Comments:

At 12:02 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Don't worry! I'm theme park-phobic, so we won't be going there until Becca is in about 5th grade. If ever. I can't handle those places!!!

Why would they make a scary Snow White ride? Seriously!! That is the dumbest idea ever! Because who loves Snow White? Innocent little girls. Why would you want to scare them. Screw Disney.

 
At 12:03 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Oh. Sorry. Went on a little tear there.

Anyway. Salem looks adorable in her Mickey outfit! I am amazed that you even attempted that outing. You have my upmost respect for that one!

 
At 4:15 PM , Blogger joanna said...

Wow, once again you guys are doing fun stuff!! Lucky you to have someone who could take Salem for her nap and you could still enjoy the park. I've never been... and I don't know if I'd really want to go. BUt of course you make it look fun!

 
At 12:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to change the subject but is that a BABY BUMP???!!!! I wanna see!!

 
At 9:35 AM , Blogger The Gilbert Crew said...

Glad you all had fun, I have no idea why that stinkin' Dumbo ride line is eternally long anytime you go. It is not like the ride does anything special, but we all line our happy behinds up and stand for 90 minutes for about 90 seconds of semifun. Anywho, it was so great to see you guys and we are looking forward to our visit in June. I had a sneak peek today at Salem's pink and brown overalls......they are going to be sooooo cute!!!!!

 
At 11:32 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

I haven't ever been to a disney park and fear the day we actually take our kids. Maybe I can just send Ben :0) Take it easy momma and get to feeling better.

Love Salem's threads!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home