The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Angel Tree

Brothers and Sistas--

My heart hurts like never before. I honestly almost lost my breaksfast, lunch and dinner this evening. So, during the holiday season, I always try to locate an Angel Tree in the local community. I havn't been able to find one; however, I came across one today at the tanning salon I've been going to for the past 2 days. They've adopted children from the Valdosta Battered Women and Childrens Shelter. So, I started looking around the tree, taking note of the ages of the little ones and what they were asking for. Of course, they are chilren, and most of them were asking for lavish gifts that I wish I could even afford. Then, I came across two that LITERALLY dropped me to my knees:

A boy, age 6, is asking for only a pair of socks from Santa and a little girl, age 5, is asking for underwear.

I haven't been able to gather myself sense I left there. I got in the shower to calm myself down and that didn't even work. I came home and just stood above Salem's crib just crying my eyes out over her. I can't imagine what life would be like if I couldn't provide her with such necessities as socks and underwear.

I guess my point is: look around you these next few weeks. I know it is a CRAZY time of year, but help someone who is in need. It doesn't take much. Set aside an extra $15-$20 and get something for a child who is less fortunate. It just kills me inside to see such a thing.

To add a happy ending to this, I added in a picture of "Baby Luvs", who always seems to put a smile on my face!

4 Comments:

At 12:33 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

Noel, you are such a sweet person with a large heart. I am definitely inspired and will look for one myself when I get to Tucson! Sweet Salem pics :0)

 
At 12:51 AM , Blogger Lysandra said...

That was sooo sad. You totally understand things better when you are a mom. You might be sad before but, when you look at your baby and you imagine what you can or can't give her, you try to imagine what it feels like to be in a position to not be able to give her things. It takes on a whole new meaning that you only get when you are mom.

 
At 1:23 AM , Blogger Katie said...

Something about becoming a mother makes seeing children suffer that much worse. It is heart breaking! Thanks for the reminder.

Baby Luvs is beautiful! So is her picture people card! THANKS!

 
At 3:02 PM , Blogger Jacobson said...

Such a sad story Noel. Very sweet of you to think of those kids in need.
Love the pict of Salem... she looks a lot like Emmy did at that age.
Kristi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home