The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Brittle Bitches!

Can any of you relate with me? My teeth are going South on me, for real. I take SUCH good care of my teeth, and they're all going to shits. I brush 2-3 x's and floss once if not twice per day. You will probably fall out of your chair, just like I did, when they told me how much work I needed done. To put it LIGHTLY, it will cost US around $5,ooo. Yes, you heard me right--5 grand. On Tuesday, I had a root canal done, and it lasted 5 hours. Talk about pure hell in a dentist chair. The only positive thing about it is the fact that I DO like my dentist and he even provided one of his staff members who sat with Salem the ENTIRE time. I even had to go to an Endodontist halfway in-between, and he let her come with me so she could watch her there too. But, for the money we're dropping there, I guess it's the least he could do. I need 5 crowns, and get this, I also have to have one of my back teeth PULLED....OH MY GOD!!!! I AM ONLY 24 and I think I'm going to have dentures by the time I'm 30, at this rate. Andrew DOESN'T floss and I do believe there are times when he won't even brush(GROSS!) and he has NEVER had a filling. It is so frustrating to sit back and watch. I am obviously the better person in the situation and I am the one taking it up the pooper--not literally. Well, I do feel bad because it is his checkbook that's taking a toll. Goodness, just another ass-pain to add to the long list. I wonder what will be next?

Oh, and to add to that, the very same day, some random lady complimented me on my teeth--go firgure. My reply to her was: "Lady, if you only knew." I should also mention that my teeth are off the charts (meaning, my teeth are whiter than what they offer), so I have to pay extra money for them to make my crowns. WTF? Scold me for having white teeth? I was going to add in a photo of the brittle bitches, but I can't seem to take a shot good enough. They are deceiving because they really don't look bad. I hope Salem takes after her father; but I do hope her oral hygiene skills take after me.


The best shot I could find of them. I must explain that this is when Andrew and I first started dating and he took me home to meet his parents in Seattle. He wanted to show off his Transformer watch, so he pulled back my shirt and was taking a peek. The embarrassing part about it is his mother is taking the photo and I had JUST MET HER! Standard Andrew!

4 Comments:

At 8:17 AM , Blogger Katie said...

How AWFUL!!!!! I have heard you lose a tooth for each baby you have. I think my mom had a root canal every time she had a baby. My good friend just had a baby and was told that her teeth will start falling out soon. WHAT THE HELL? I don't get that!

I'm suprised they actually had someone watch Salem. That is very nice. Did she cry during those 5 hours?

Why are your teeth so white? Do you whiten them? What do you use? Because Lord knows all my coffee and wine drinking is taking its toll on my pearly non-whites.

 
At 8:39 AM , Blogger The Quinn Report said...

No, Salem didn't cry at all during those 5 hours; I couldn't believe it.

I did whiten my teeth 5 years ago, but they were already that white. I don't get it either because I drink coffee (a pot) every morning. Now, I just rinse with the Listerine Whitening stuff here and there.

 
At 10:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD!!! I hate the dentist....you are brave! Better luck next time. Something must happen during pregnancy. I swear!

 
At 9:33 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

I have always been jealous of your WHITE teeth! I have issues even though I floss and brush regularly (several times a day, so maybe irregularly) and also have more problems than anyone I know.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home