The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Under the Knife

Andrew and I went to the Melting Pot for dinner on Saturday--YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!


Yesterday, I FINALLY got my tonsils taken out!!! It sounds crazy, but I was actually excited about it. They have given me HELL all the days of my life. I would get strep-throat at least 5 times, if not more, a year. I am surprised that I'm not in more pain than I am. People kept telling me it was going to be THE WORST thing I will ever experience in my life--even worse than child birth. The hardest part about it is not being able to talk....I LOVE TALKING. Now, I have to write all these notes to Andrew asking him to get me this and that, call my mom, dad, friends, to tell them that I'm still alive.

Now, the REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, WORST part about it is being away from Salem. What I would give to hold her in my arms right now. We had her 6 mth. pictures done on Sunday and all I can do is just stare at her as the tears roll down my face.

So, for any of you that were concerned, I'm doing well, missing my baby, and looking forward to getting the hell out of here...just 2 more weeks people!!!!!!

"Getting pictures taken, once again, is stressful guys."

8 Comments:

At 11:50 AM , Blogger Lysandra said...

Oh my God! Sshe is so cute. Also, I do not think that a tonsilectomy is worse than childbirth. The recovery is harder but only because you can't eat or talk. I had one when I was 19 and it wasn't that bad. I even kept throwing up and scraping off the clots causing me to bleed alot and it wasn't as bad as having a baby. Anyways, I did see Emma at the O' club and yes, she is very cute. Also, she seems sweet and very nice. I bet she makes good tips since there are not very many good looking bartenders on base.

 
At 11:51 AM , Blogger Lysandra said...

Oh by the way, Salem is gorgeous!

 
At 2:56 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

She is so damned adorable! I wish I could be there to help you out.

 
At 8:00 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

She is sooooo cute!!! They are beautiful pictures. And we know where she got her beauty from, you and Andy are HOT! You guys look great. I'm glad to hear the surgery went okay...and hope you recover fast.

 
At 8:06 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Wait. Where ARE you? Where is Salem? Do you have to be in the hospital for 2 weeks? I hope you heal FAST. It sounds awful. Salem IS adorable!

 
At 9:33 PM , Blogger The Quinn Report said...

No, I am at home. Salem is in Florida staying with Andrew's parents while I'll recover. Andrew couldn't take any time off of work, so they took Salem for us. We get her back Saturday morning.

I miss my baby!

 
At 5:29 AM , Blogger Abby & Patrick said...

What a sweetheart! Hope you feel better soon, hope the surgery went well.

 
At 11:35 AM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

I told you that y'all would LOVE The Melting Pot. Mmmm, Joe and I will have to go there before leaving S.A.

Salem is such a cutie...I can't wait to see her in a few weeks. Get better and I'll make sure not to call you until you say it's ok to do so :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home