The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Quinn's 4th of July




What a fun 4th of July we had! Joe, Val, HARB, a crap ton of his friends, HARB's father, and some of Andrew's squadron buddies all hung out for the holiday! We really didn't do much, due to the consistent
thunderstorms we've been having for what seems like FOREVER. Will they
ever stop? Lately, they come, go, come, go, come, go, come, go....do
you get it? I would rather have it rain cats and dogs for DAYS on end,
than come and go like they have been.Seriously , the sun will be
shinning bright as day, so I'll attempt to catch some rays, only to get
rained out 5 minutes later. Why do I even bother?

Back to the 4th.
Val and I woke up at the ass crack of dawn to get a work out
in...shocker! We stayed up and drank at the house the evening of the
3rd, while the guys went out and partied it up on the town. We came
home after sweating the liquor (and everything else out of us), to
Andrew cooking everyone pancakes. Val jumped in on the help and made a Deeeelish dish that I can't even pronounce, let alone spell for that matter. We met back up with everyone in the town of Gruene
that evening and spent a few hours at the local winery. GUYS, GUYS,
GUYS, I HAVE FOUND MY MOST FAVORITE THING IN THE WORLD TO TREAT MYSELF
TO......COFFEE FLAVORED WHITE WINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited! So
excited, that I don't even want to open the bottle I have because I
don't want to share it! If you've never tried such a thing, I highly,
highly recommend such a thing. That is, if you enjoy coffee like I do.

We came home to witness a group of 20 or so teenagers setting of fireworks
for us on our street. Lets just say that Salem enjoyed
looking at their lights, and leave it at that. What more should I have
expected from a young group of kids that were just screwing around with
them like they were toys?

Joe and Val--Thank you for coming
DOWN(get it VAL--he, he...Val and I ALWAYS say that everything is DOWN,
even if it is really up!) Example: "You should come DOWN to Alaska!"---
Doesn't make any geographical since what-so-ever; but sounds good to
us! ANYWAYS, Andrew, Salem, Lilly, and I, ALL enjoyed your company and
loved having you here. Please come DOWN and stay with us again. It was
nice having such great house guests...miss ya!


7 Comments:

At 10:46 PM , Blogger Lysandra said...

Looks like you had a blast!! What a very revealing top Noel!

 
At 11:18 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

Jealous!! Wish I could have been there, it sounded like fun :0) Oh well, I will get to see you soon. Now if we could only get Joe and Val to come out again while you are here!!

 
At 9:24 AM , Blogger The Quinn Report said...

I know, they totally should come out to Tucson! We'll both have to hit them up for that!

 
At 3:09 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Ummmm...I cannot imagine coffee flavored wine...especially white. I love BOTH though, so maybe I would like it. It just sounds weird!

 
At 8:08 PM , Blogger The Quinn Report said...

It is sooooo yummy; you have NO IDEA!

The brand is Piney Woods Country Wines
Texas Pecan Mocca!

 
At 7:37 AM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

Thanks for having us DOWN, Noel. :0) We had such a great time. Although the weather was super rainy it didn't bother me. The trip was still a blast. I like that picture of the 5 of us...I've gotta steal that from you. When I get to Houston tomorrow I'll get my blog posted with some different pics for you to see. I'll look into that Tucson thing. If money grew on trees you know I'd be ther in a snap. Unfortuantely, we didn't budget for that trip, but we'll see.

Thanks again for having us DOWN. Later gator!!!

 
At 7:37 AM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

I'm sorry...the picture of the 6 of us! :0)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home