The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Another Day in AK






I forgot where we even let off with the trip. To be honest,
I had to stop blogging about it because it made me miss Alaska even
more. I'm over it now, and feel as if I can get through another post
about it. Lets see, my girlfriend Emma and I ended up going back to
Denali because we felt we just couldn't soak up enough of it. Once
again, we stayed up ALL night, "heeling around" on ourHeely's all
throughout the town, and decided to go on a hike at 4 or 5 in the
morning before all the "tourists" hit the trails. It was quiet,
peaceful, and the ONLY thing we could hear was a moose taking a bath in
the nearby lake. What a sight it was! I am embarrassed by the way I
looked hiking the trails. We went out all night, then through
sweatshirts over our "going out clothes"; so I completely looked like
an idiot hiking in my big hoop earrings and designer shades. What an
ass. I might as well have kept my damn heels on and just said I was
from New York or something. You know, fit the stereotype.




After all our "manly adventures" in Denali, we decided we better head back to Fairbanks so I could meet back up with Andrew( him and all the guys spent a few days in Chitna dip-netting). We ended up hitting ANOTHER FAVORITE= Ester Gold Camp for the All You Can Eat Crab Buffet!!!!!
My mouth is salivating right not just thinking about how good it was.
It was SO good, that I literally stained myself with butter on my pants
from head to toe. I believe you can see the outcome of all that in some
of the pictures!




We had dinner with my girlfriend Courtney and Ryan Walinkski. Courtney was in our wedding and they just found out that they're having a little baby!!!!!
We
ended the evening at Pike's where we sat on the deck with Emma and her
husband, Luke, and shared a few drinks. Emma was also in our wedding,
and we reminisced about our special day because Pike's is where we had
our ceremony/reception....MEMORIES! We (Emma and I), both left there in
tears; it was sad :(

Amount of sleep total=SAME AS THE LAST DAY BECAUSE I DIDN'T GET ANY!!!!!!!

6 Comments:

At 7:51 AM , Blogger Lysandra said...

These posts really do make me miss Alaska more than I already do . I miss it there. I miss my awesome old job. I would move back just for that. I miss Alaska. I say that all the time and I am sure Scott is tired of hearing it but I now wish we could have staying in Texas. I MISS ALASKA!!!

 
At 11:04 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

Great pictures! I love that you beat the tourists out, that is the way to do it :0) You made the most of every day you had there, I am impressed!!

 
At 2:23 PM , Blogger Tracy said...

Exactly how are you still going at this point with such little sleep?

 
At 3:09 PM , Blogger Katie said...

I think maybe y'all should move back to Alaska eventually. You seem to both really love it! It is such an amazing place. The second photo is just incredible!

I agree with Tracy--how the HELL did you keep going like that? I would have just died on such little sleep!

 
At 3:14 PM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

Great pictures, Noel. I can't wait to go back...hopefully next summer. My mouth was watering from the Ester Gold Camp talk. I love that place. Thanks for sharing with us!

 
At 3:15 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

I love all the Alaska updates. I'm so jealous that I didn't get to go. Sounds like you had an amazing time! Miss you guys lots!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home