The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Saturday, September 22, 2007

My BAD!

Oops. I should have known better. I mapquested my driving directions yesterday for the location I needed to go TODAY for the interview. I allowed myself more than enough driving (so I thought), and even ran through a Starbucks because I had so much EXTRA time to kill (I estimated this by the distance I had gone in such a short amount of time and calculated the rest of the trip off the top of head--without issues, that is). Oh, and by the way, I also ran into a Pastor, of all people, who I knew in Alaska. Isn't that weird? He moved back to San Antonio and is now a civilian financial advisor. Anyways............

I didn't PLAN on bad traffic on the 1604. Or, for that matter, the fact that it would only be down to ONE lane. Oh my GOD, I immediatly started freaking the hell out! Then, I got past that, only to find that mapquest sucks, and just like "normal" people, it too, can make mistakes. Who would have thought such a thing? I THOUGHT their system was flawless...like me :)

To make a long story short because I KNOW you can all see where this is going, I was LATE to my meeting. REAL GOOD NOEL, REAL FREAKIN' GOOD. I walked in and all eyes were on me. There were about 30 models there and the interview board of the company. I felt like such a jackass. My chances of going places and doing things for them is highly likely OVER and done with. Way to blow it! It was only 5 minutes, but late is late. There was another girl who showed up after me, so in my mind, I shouldn't be at the TOTAL bottome of the list, right?

The worst part about it was the fact that I could see the disappointment on their faces and their pens started writing like crazy after I made my arrival. Hhhmmmm... I wonder what that could have meant? Probably a big, fat, red X across my hot mama, bikini photo.

To make myself feel better, I came home and benged on waffles and all the junk that I have been tasting for for months. It didn't help; now I just want to vomit. You know, standard model bullshit...binge, purge, binge, purge, purge, purge, purge! I'm only kidding.

I'll let you know what I hear next week sometime. Does anyone have a job offer for me besides taking my clothes off? Katie, can I come decorate and help paint your house?

6 Comments:

At 6:17 PM , Blogger The Gilbert Crew said...

I just made a big batch of Chocolate chip cookies, I will send some your way!! I am sure you did just fine and anyone who lives in SA knows what a B-otch the traffic can be. My fingers are crossed! ~A

 
At 8:42 PM , Blogger Katie said...

OH SHIT! That same thing happened to me with MapQuest. My first concert I was totally late because some EFFING STUPID road crew decided Saturday morning to close down half of downtown Baltimore. ARGH! So irritating!

Don't worry. I'm not really a "meant to be" type person, but sometimes shit happens and you'll either get the job or you won't, but it won't be your last job! And, if they can't spot you 5 minutes, they are stupid. Maybe they got to see you individually instead of in a big group and you really stood out and impressed them. You never know! You will probably still get the job. But if not, your painting my house should be your first priority. :)

 
At 11:30 AM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

Stupid Mapquest...they get so much stuff wrong. And as for the San Antonio traffic/construction...RIDICULOUS! AS if that isn't bad enough SA drivers are the worst. I think half of them drive while sleeping. That must be why they're so horrible.

Don't worry about the interview...maybe they were writing about a dumb comment someone made before you walked in. :0)
By the way...call me!

 
At 9:50 PM , Blogger Joel and Angela said...

Wow! You are a busy girl! I just got caught up on what you have been doing! I love the frog post! That is weird!
Good on ya for all those interviews and fun stuff! That is so neat!

 
At 8:02 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

Mapquest - SUCKS!!! It changes the address I want and plugs its own in occassionally. Lame. Surely it went fine, despite being late. I can't wait to hear what happens. They will either get over it or not. Hopefully they will.

 
At 3:57 PM , Blogger Lysandra said...

That blows..hope you got work anyways!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home