The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Same Boat





Around here, we've been in the same boat as Katie. Salem has been sick,
walking around SCREAMING her little cranium off in pain; stomach and "bagina"
pain. Poor thing. Her butt is as red as the fire hydrant in front of my
home. Every thing she puts in her mouth comes straight out her ass. If
it isn't one thing, it's another. The last few weeks have been filled
with constant ear infections, runny nose, etc. Yesterday, I went around
the house and cleaned up a LONG trail of diarrhea and when she went to sit down, it squirted out all ends. (I had to catch my breath just reliving the moment all over again...nasty).


Before all the craziness began, I attempted to take her to a local gymnastics
facility that opens its doors to children 5 and under two x's per week.
What a cool place it is! I think if she would have felt better, she
would have enjoyed much more than she did. To think of it, she really
didn't have any fun that day because she was starting to get ill. I had
fun and felt like a kid again. They had the uneven bars with foam pits
underneath, balance beams, in-the-ground trampolines, tons of climbing "things", and best of all, an inner tube
that I sat her grumpy ass in and flung her around like a ragdoll throughout the entire place.
Salem was holding on for her dear life. I, on the other, was just about
pissing my pants(as you can clearly see on the look of my face.)Hmmm
...maybe we'll try again one of these days. They do charge $7 per visit
that can last up to 2 hours. I don't know about you, but I think it's a
bit expensive considering her age and what she can do at this point. I
have friends that go both days every week. $56 bucks a month for open
gym? We might have to find another weekly activity!


4 Comments:

At 11:07 AM , Blogger Tracy said...

Actually, that is very reasonable. The gym the girls go to is 140 each for 11 weeks. Cait's class is 45 minutes and Madison's class is 1hr. Keep going, it is a good deal.

 
At 11:18 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

Fun! It definitely looks like you are having more fun than she is :0) I imagine when she is feeling better she will be running around laughing like you were next time!

 
At 1:50 PM , Blogger Katie said...

"...I sat her grumpy ass in and flung her around like a ragdoll throughout the entire place."

THAT IS SO FUNNY!!!!!

 
At 7:07 PM , Blogger joanna said...

That place looks like fun! There's a gym like that around here I've heard of but haven't gone to- -this one I think is $5 per kid. Wonder if she picked up the diarrhea bug from the gym... well, not if she was already crabby I guess. I'll have to try ours out!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home