The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Salem TWIN


I don't know how I feel about such a thing. My first reaction was:
"Wow!, Oh honey, Andrew, we HAVE to get one of these for Salem; it issooo
cool!" He, on the other hand, can't even find it in him to even look at
the magazine. It scares him. Now, I must say, that I do agree with him.
A doll thrown here and there throughout my house that looks identical
to my daughter.... I don't think so! I mean, I'm sure there would be
moments when I would literally think the flippin' "TWIN", was no shit Salem. I'm pretty sure it would haunt me.


The main reason why I thought it was so cool in the beginning, was that I
can totally picture her wanting to have such a thing. All children
think their above and better than any other kid, so why wouldn't they
want a doll that looked just like them? It would be a total blow to
their ego(s) if they didn't have such a hideous thing, right?

In the magazine, you can buy matching
clothes, shoes, toys, accessories, pj's, etc. to match your child and her
TWIN. Are we the only ones who think it is a little odd?

7 Comments:

At 12:07 PM , Blogger The Quinn Report said...

I should have mentioned that you send in a photo to the company, and they hand make a doll to look like your child...weird!

 
At 1:04 PM , Blogger The Gilbert Crew said...

I think when they get older, like around the 6yr and older time frame, maybe. We have some girls here in our neighborhood who have them and love to play dolls, but they are around 8 yrs old. I think to really appreciate the clothes and trinkets they come with, it would be wise to wait if you decide to do so. It wouldn't be as freaky either, at least to me!

 
At 5:52 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

I definitely think it is a little odd to have a doll look just like you. There was actually a book put out where a guy searched the world for non-related "twins". It was incredible, they say we all have one somewhere in the world. The likenesses were amazing!

 
At 8:12 PM , Blogger Tracy said...

I just got that in the mail, and haven't looked at it yet... I think that might have to go in the trash now. I think it is a little weird. Stick to American Girl dolls. They have the same idea (Today dolls) but it is just the same hair color and eye color. Far less scary.

 
At 7:32 AM , Blogger Katie said...

I know American Girl kind of does that too. But, I think it is cool--more for older girls, though. I would have LOVED it when I was little. (Of course, I played with my Cabbage Patch Kid until I was about 13.)

But, do you really think they would look just like her? I just can't really believe it would look any different than most other dolls. But I love dolls, so there you go!

 
At 12:01 PM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

I had the same thought as Katie. I doubt it would look "just" like her. You've seen the dolls that are supposed to look like movie stars...they resemble them, but don't look just like the star. I remember seeing a doll in Fred Meyer that was supposed to look like Britney Spears. It had similar clothes and the same hair color, but that was it. Not that I care about a Britney Spears doll, but you know what I'm getting at.
Wow, I wrote way too much about that just now. hehehe.

 
At 8:22 PM , Blogger Smitty 1, 2 , 3 and 4 said...

I think it's creepy, but that's just me...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home