The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Monday, December 04, 2006

TGIM

Thank
God
It's
Monday

I never thought I would say those words. Fridays Yes, but Mondays, give me a break. However, last night I went to our local grocery store to purchase items for dinner and I thought to myself, "What the heck, I'll go ahead and pick up a bottle of wine too." So, I proceeded to checkout and of course, got myself into a situation at the cashier. The "ring-er-upper-girl" kept scanning my bottle of wine and it kept coming up item not for sale. My immediate thoughts were "What in the hell do you mean, item not for sale; of course it is for sale--duh! This is America and you can buy beer and what have you whenever the crap you want. "

WRONG

Georgia should just be considered outside of the U.S. because rules don't apply like they do else where. They seem to make up their own. On Sundays, you can't buy any type of alcoholic beverage here. Hello! How am I supposed to watch football? You can't even buy a beer at a flippin' restaurant either. I would hate to be one of the Hooters girls having to work a Sunday football day. I bet they don't make crap. If they schedule you to work on Sunday, it's their way of telling you that you pretty much suck; unlike the rest of the world that only staffs their finest on game days because they're busier than shit. And guess where this all stems from? It all goes back to the church and the fact that we live in The Bible Capitol of the World. I guess I missed the part that explained that you shouldn't consume any liquor on a certain day of the week. Is that highlighted in Matthew? John? SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, it's Monday now, so I guess it's okay to crack open a cold one. It's only 9 AM here and I better get on it. Time is a wasting and Sunday will be here again before I know it.


Aahhhh...what a blessing!!!!!

5 Comments:

At 8:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

so sad.

 
At 12:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mikey got a book....are you excited for Salem's first Christmas

 
At 12:31 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

Little weird, I believe Sunday is a day to relax and enjoy yourself....and you can't do that without a drink!

 
At 10:57 PM , Blogger Katie said...

You have to be kidding me. Georgia is retarded. I'm never moving there.

What is hilarious is that the checker girl didn't realize it either. Ummmm....that's because its the dumbest rule EVER.

 
At 12:37 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

HAHA! Georgia, at least it is temporary!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home