The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Monday, March 12, 2007

I'll catch you up on the entire month of complete ASS PAIN

Where do I even begin? This month has been CRAZY. From getting my tooth pulled, bridges put in to replace the empty hole, tonsils taken out, oh, and like MOVING--AGAIN in the middle of it all....I swear to goodness. I think I just about had a panic attack or nervous breakdown the other night when it all caught up to me. It'll be easier for me to explain if I do it this way:

*Last Saturday, Andrew drove the Toureg out with the trailer.
* One week ago, baby and I flew in to San Antonio. She threw up on the guy sitting in front of us, threw up 2 more times, and went through all 3 of her outfits. Why didn't I think to bring a spare set for myself? I should have learned that lesson by now.
* Same day, Andrew went and purchased a mattress so we would have something to sleep on.
* Next morning, Andrew flew back to Georgia to drive my 4Runner out.
* Same day, 2 workers tried to just walk in my house without knocking to replace something--Lilly freaked.
*Same day, some solicitor got PISSED at me because I wouldn't help her out by buying $98's worth of fucking magazines..go "F" yourself lady. We live in a gated community and her ass shouldn't have even been doing that shit.
* Oh yeah, $1,200 mattress is killing my back and also did Andrew's the one night he slept on it.
* Our household goods from Alaska aren't here yet. They anticipate the end of the month.
* I've been running all over town trying to find a feather bed that would make our backs feel better--can't seem to find one and 3 returns later.... we are taking the damn bed back and getting a better one TODAY!
* This Saturday, Andrew made it in...life is getting better!
* The ENTIRE time he was gone, I didn't get a wink of sleep. We have houses going up to the front, back and both sides of us and everyone knew that I was by myself with the baby. Do you understand how many workers that is? I was literally scared for us.
* Our dishwasher doesn't work.
* Saturday our shower backed up and overflowed...rock stuck in the pipe--Andrew fixed it by plunging the damn thing for an hour.
* We ordered a washer and dryer last week, but they can't deliver it until the end of this week. It has been hell not having one....let me tell you.


Other than ALL that bitching, life is GREAT! I understand that our house is brand spanking new and things do go wrong. My expectations were too high, so when I did find things wrong, I felt like I couldn't handle it.

On a happier note, baby is doing LOTS better and I have found a new love.... The San Marcos Outlets People!!!!! On Saturday, I found a king sized bed(headboard, foot board, etc.) for only $200 at POTTERY BARN and we got a 10 person dinning table there for $500!! I am in heaven!!

I promise to post some photos by tomorrow. Right now everything just looks like a huge mess because we don't have all of our things to get organized.

All right, I need to go order the bed we should have bought to begin with. It is a Vera Wang ("The Promise") mattress. Hello Andrew... just the sound of that sounds better than the "Sealy Pillow top" we have. I would have bought the Vera Wang one to begin with just so I could say that we sleep on a Vera Wang bed-duh! Oh, and it's pink--even better!!

4 Comments:

At 8:21 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

Noel, Noel, Noel! I love that you are buying a Vera Wang Bed, only you!!! Don't you love San Marcos! It was a necessary stop every time we went to SA. I spent way to much money there :0) Glad things are looking up and you are all getting settled. Moving is such a bitch. I will call you soon.

 
At 4:18 PM , Blogger Lysandra said...

I can't wait to come see you! I want you to take me those shops!

 
At 9:28 AM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

I'm so happy you remembered about the San Marcos Outlets. I went there with a girlfriend within my first week back here and it was a monthly stop when I lived in Austin. Hopefully I'll get to see you today on my way there...maybe you'll be able to join me :-)
Later gator!

 
At 6:36 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

It was so great talking to you the other day. Hang in there, it's a lot of hard work but you will be settled in soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home