The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Catch Up 101

Driving in her walker-car and flirting with the boys...her daddy!


Hhhhmmm....I have so much to say and don't know where to even start...I hate that! First off, Andrew is home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I get a HELL YES!????? For those of you who didn't know, he has been away at SOS for the past month and a half. It sucked. I hated every single day of it. Especially because Salem got so sick and I truly needed him to reassure me that she was going to be okay. That is the reason why my Mama came out to visit. I just couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't get out of the house because she had such a terrible rash, that her whole body would swell just by putting her in her car seat to drive her to go get more diapers, medicine, etc. Seeing your baby so sick like that, changing diaper upon diaper, watching her vomit over and over....I had had it. So, I called my Mom and said that Salem wanted to see her Yaya, and she was here from Tucson the next AM. Thanks again Mom for all your help with Baby and flying out here like that ....I miss you!

Back to Andrew being home. It is THE BEST feeling in the world! Just knowing that he is in the other room right now sleeping, sends goosebumps up and down my body. He lifts me up and makes all my days brighter! He surprised me by coming home a day early. That is a story itself:
So, the other night, I had put Salem to sleep, and decided that I was going to paint and pull an all nighter to get some things done before he made it in. I had JUST started painting, when the phone rang. Salem woke up screaming from the noise and yes, it was Andrew telling me that he was at the FRONT DOOR. I had paint all over me (I know I had just started, but I am messy), I hadn't showered from the gym yet, I had hairy armpits, the sheets for the bed were in the dryer, and on and on. What a "Welcome Home" that was for him. I gave him a quick kiss, told him to get the baby, and I went back to painting the first coat...I didn't want it to streak.

Salem is AMAZING, as usual. She is cutting her two front teeth now and they don't seem to bother her a bit. She doesn't want to eat as much table foods, but that's normal. She looks at Andrew and says Daddy, Dada, Hi Daddy, etc. She will also do the same for Lilly. Me:nothing. She's only screamed Mama a hand full of times and it was only when she was super sick and needed me to change her diarrhea in the middle of the night. Figures.

Now, I am preparing for my Dad and Step mom who are coming to visit for a few days from Colorado. It will be the first time they have met Andrew and Salem....crazy, huh? I'm super excited for them to get here and can't wait to have them as guests in my home. Do you know what I'm saying? I've gone to visit them a few times over the years, but they have never came to stay with me. In their eyes, I'm probably still that 18 year old kid that ran around wild in their home. I'm looking forward to them seeing me in my home, with my family, and happier than I have ever been in my life!
Loving her string cheese!

6 Comments:

At 6:31 PM , Blogger Lysandra said...

Noel, I am so happy that you are extremely happy. I only wish everyone could be as happy as you are!!!!

 
At 9:48 AM , Blogger Katie said...

That is great that Andrew is home! I'm glad Salem seems to be feeling better, too!

I think babies don't say "Mama" because they kind of think of you and them as one entity. Daddy is a separate person, but Mama is part of them. That is MY theory, anyway! :)

 
At 10:52 PM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

I'm happy things are better for you now that your hubby is back home. Make sure you post pics of your updated home!!!!!

 
At 9:46 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

yay, Andrew!! As always, Salem is BEAUTIFUL!

 
At 6:42 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

So glad to hear that Andrew is home. It sucks that Salem was sick when he was gone and you had to deal with it all. Can't believe she has teeth already....babies grow so fast!

 
At 9:39 PM , Blogger The Gilbert Crew said...

Love the string cheese!! Good to hear everyone is feeling better and your fam is back together again. It never fails, all HELL breaks loose when the men are gone and we are the ones left to deal!! That's what makes us GREAT mommies. We are coming to SA the third week in June to get a house and will be moving the middle of July. See ya Soon!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home