The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Quilt from YaYa






This is Salem baby on her beautiful quilt that "YaYa Midge" made for her (Salem can say YaYa, so we decided that she can call my Mom that instead of Nana....I like the way it sounds--a little younger!). Anyways, last year, when I flew out to Tucson for my baby shower, I picked out all the fabrics for Salem's baby quilt, and this is what my Mom came up with! I just love it and think she did such an amazing job. I am not crafty in the quilting department what- so- ever; I wouldn't even know where to begin. On the top, it says "Our Sweet Girl"(that's what Andrew calls her), and the bottom reads Salem Marie. I have been PROMISING YaYa pictures of her on it for weeks, maybe months, and finally got around to it today. I just want to wrap her up in it and NEVER let her go. She is getting so big, so fast...poor me (sigh).

6 Comments:

At 12:04 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

She is getting so big, so fast! I can imagine it is tough for you to see, but from someone that doesn't see her often, it is unbelievable!

 
At 2:18 PM , Blogger The Gilbert Crew said...

Noel, that quilt is gorgeous! YaYa is very crafty!! Does she take orders?

 
At 6:39 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

Wow, it is so beautiful! And great pictures of Salem....she looks so happy posing for the camera. Too cute!

 
At 7:50 PM , Blogger Tracy said...

Oh my goodness, she is beautiful! I quilt (well I used to before my rugrats) and I have been staring at the pictures trying to figure out the pattern. The colors are great. It is a great size also. I have had quilts started for both girls and they still aren't done.. Great job YaYa! She will have that treasure from her for the rest of her life!

 
At 10:56 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Beautiful quilt. Beautiful baby. I agree with Kelly--Salem really seems to smile for the camera. I'm JEALOUS!

 
At 9:07 AM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

What a beautiful quilt...and even more beautiful are the pictures of Salem. She really does take great pictures.
Thanks for sharing!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home