The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

:) Hi Yaya, Bye Yaya :(

Yaya leaving at the airport this morning



I think I would have LOST MY MARBLES--or the ones that I have left, if any, last week if it weren't for my mom coming into town to save the day. Salem wouldn't not stop shitting her pants or vomiting and I just couldn't take it any more. I was so worried about her and the doctors kept telling me (every single day because she was pretty much there all the days of the week last week), that she was "fine." My baby WAS NOT FINE. She had lost 4 pounds; that is 20% of her weight. I would literally change her diaper every 5 minutes because she had diarrhea that bad. I went through 100 diapers in 3 days...just ask my mom, "Yaya." She even extended her stay for a day because Salem seemed to be getting better; then bam, she was up all night Sunday screaming, throwing up, pooping over, and over, and over again.

So, all is getting better here, for the time being. Now, we're just trying to catch up on some much needed rest. We were able to get a few hours in of some much needed UV rays. Like I said before, Salem seemed all better Sunday during the day, so we put her in her bikini and took her outside in her "pool." I think I'll have to invest in a larger one because she is already growing out of this one. The poor thing can't spread her legs out all the way in it. Go figure!
"Mommy, this is fun!"
"Did you know I was cute yet?"
Blowing bubbles--something she learned at her swimming lessons!
A big smile for her daddy!

9 Comments:

At 4:17 PM , Blogger The Gilbert Crew said...

I hope Salem is feeling better! That stinks when they are sick. She is absolutely a little pumpkin in her pool! It will be nice for Abigail to have a little girl to play instead of these stinky brothers of hers! Speaking of poo, I think Abigail has just created a special prize!

 
At 8:52 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

oh Noel, I wish you lived out here so I could help out too. She is growing into such a big girl....despite the weight loss. Maybe I need that bug for a few days ;0) Looking forward to talking with you soon.

 
At 9:51 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Oh my god! I cannot believe she lost 4 pounds. WHAT THE HELL DID SHE HAVE? And how do no doctors know? Oh wait. I remember. MILITARY doctors. Grrrreat. Is she fully recovered?

She certainly looks adorable. And very comfortable in the water...that is wonderful!

 
At 8:53 AM , Blogger Lysandra said...

I am glad she is feeling better! I was worried when we talked a few nights ago! Keep me posted....

 
At 11:45 AM , Blogger Otisfamily said...

Hey Girl, I know your pain! But no matter what I could eat her up, she is so stinkin' cute!! We miss you guys tons!!!!

 
At 3:16 PM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

Poor Salem. I sure hope whatever it was is gone for good and hopefully you can catch up on rest.
Just think...your hubby will be home in a few days!
hugs.

 
At 7:36 AM , Blogger The Quinn Report said...

The doctors said she just had a terrible virus and would eventually get over it. She did, but it took over 2 weeks. It sounds like she had what Lysandra had---no fun, no fun.

 
At 3:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

YaYa misses her beautiful baby. Salem has the sweetest disposition, even when she's sick and throwing up. I've never seen a baby vomit so much and then right after, tries to smile. I am so happy she is doing better. I miss both my girls.

Love, YaYa

 
At 6:35 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

I'm sorry Salem was so sick. I hope she is feeling better. I love the last picture of Salem in the pool...you can see her two little teeth! So cute!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home