The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I'm In!

I officially signed up for the San Antonio Marathon/Half Marathon yesterday. In Alaska, I would run a 5K every single day, no more, no less. Here, I have doubled that to a 10K (almost every day), but once again, I have NEVER in my life run more than 8 miles at one time. I ran 11 yesterday just to get a feel how well I could do, and I decided, at that moment, to go ahead and give it a whirl!

I've always wanted to run a half marathon, but never had the "right opportunity." I honestly don't think I have it in me to do a full. Physically, I think I could do it; mentally, no flippin' way. I do get VERY bored running after the 7 mile mark; so I think I would be going insane, literally, by mile 26.2. I just found out about this one coming up a few weeks back and will get to fullfill my dreams on Nov. 11th!!!

Care to join me?

4 Comments:

At 8:22 AM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

Dude, we get back from WA on the 12th :0( I'm missing everything that weekend. I do want to run the next one with you. Would you be willing to run another when it comes up? I already told myself I was going to run the next one I was in town for.
Have fun!

 
At 10:09 AM , Blogger Tracy said...

good for you. I get bored after one mile. take lots of pictures. I have seen people who take pictures as they wait in line to start and throughout the race. It makes a great story of pictures!

 
At 12:58 PM , Blogger The Gilbert Crew said...

Where in the world do you get all this energy? PLEASE send some my way. You Go Girl! That is tottaly awesome. Me, I am sticking to my little ol' 5K's. I have the St.Johns Road Race on Saturday. Wish me luck.

 
At 6:25 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

I will be there in spirit while I watch the Nascars go whizzing by :0) Congrats!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home