The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Monday, July 14, 2008

See you pink toile!


No, the center photo isn't of Andrew and I....I just never got around to putting an actual picture of her in the frame...oops!



Salem's pink nursery is going bye-bye. She is getting ready to transition into her big girl bed! I'm excited, but fearful. I know she's ready for it because last week she tried committing "crib suicide" by jumping out and hitting her head on her wood moose rocking chair. It wasn't pretty and I forgot to get photos of the nasty bruise across her entire forehead. Her friends, Knox and Yana ,are in their big beds, and I can see the puzzled look on her face why they have them and she doesn't.

We've also decided NOT to put her in her castle loft bed and to hold onto it for a few years. We're thinking that we'll put Tavin in Salem's new bed (that I went out and bought for her at IKEA last week) when he turns 2, and by then, we think that Salem will be able to handle the loft bed. I think she is a little fearful of heights, and don't think she's ready to sleep that high off the ground. Plus, I LUWF her new bed and can't wait to assemble it! It's a daybed with 3 storage drawers and A TRUNDLE!
A picture of her bed taken at the IKEA store

I have SO much to do and I'm nesting like CRAZY. I'm refurnishing 4 pieces of furniture (yikes!), I need to remodel and redecorate Salem's, Tavin's, and the office rooms, and paint all of the above. I've decided to paint stripes in Salem's room that will be a huge pain in my ass. Why do I always pick to do things the hard way? Why can't I just be happy with one color? I guess I'm just difficult. With that, bye-bye pretty pink toile room.

5 Comments:

At 9:42 AM , Blogger joanna said...

I love the door to her room! Are all the doors in your house like that?

 
At 10:05 AM , Blogger Tracy said...

Are you taking everything out? What did you end up getting for her bedding? I have spent a lot of time in IKEA lately and love the bedding too.

 
At 10:49 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

What a day - Salem in a big girl bed. I cannot even imagine being at that point, if I could only get this kid out!! Can't wait to see pics of all the painting (you are crazy) and redecorating. Can you send some nesting instinct my way because it hasn't hit yet.

Plug time - I love Sherwin Williams zero VOC paint. It was so nice and thick. Check it out!

 
At 12:28 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Awwwww....I LOVE her pink toile nursery. It was so pretty! But, I'm sure the new room will also be pretty! Why do you have to repaint? You are such a painting fiend...I wish you could come to my house and paint for me! :)

 
At 1:26 PM , Blogger The Quinn Report said...

Yes, all the doors in my house are like that. The one you see in the photo is actually leading to her walk-in closet.

As far as the painting goes, her new bedding is purple, greens, and teal stripes from Pottery Barn. There in NO hint of pink in it, so I feel that I need to get rid of the pink paint. It sucks because I JUST painted that in her room exactly 1 year ago.

Andrea- I used that paint from Sherwin Williams on Salem's room and I loved it. Expensive, but well worth it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home