The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I didn't think Santa brought broken toys?

Can you say......MADNESS!?


So, yesterday went as expected. The first item brought inside the house from the truck: broken
2nd item: broken
3rd item: shattered
4th item: scratched to all hell.
Right at about that point, I just stopped paying attention and tried focusing on other things. Such as: Where in the heck my Pampered Chef items were! That can always cheer a kitchen lover up; and it did. NONE of that was broken. I think THE most frustrating part about moving is having random stuff brake. For example, 1 of my Pottery Barn bowls was cracked, and then one of the opposite color plates was broken (we have 2 different colored Pottery Barn kitchen sets that match--brown and cream.) I just love them, but am pissed off at the world that I don't have 1 single, complete set now. Goodness!
"What is that I see? Could it be my stonewear..........????"

"Oh, it is, it is my precious!!!!"

I'm having fun seeing "things" again. It's always funny to me that you do forget about stuff you had. It also amazes me when you find something of yours and think to yourself, "What in the hell was I thinking buying that and keeping it around for YEARS!"

Oh, and finding the most random crap that the packers box up is drop dead HILARIOUS to me. Ours happened to pack up the microwave and oven racks from our home in Alaska. What in the heck were THEY thinking? Gee, thanks for packing up the Taco Bell hot sauce...can't forget that!

I still PROMISE, PROMISE, PROMISE to post photos of the house. It just looks so BLAH right now and isn't up to my standards. I'll see what I can do. Until then, I better get to work on the house while everyone else is counting sheep in their sleep..... I need to get in on that one of these days...probably NEVER by the looks of this place!

In case you were wondering, the broken items were: our china cabinet, Andrew's antique pieces: bar and buffet. I seriously sheded tears over them because they are my FAVORITE pieces that we owned and I feel that they irreplaceable. He was able to "somewhat" fix his bar; minus all the scratches and the buffet is cracked to hell. Our china cabinet literally fell into pieces. You can't even find the words to properly describe the feeling when you see your valuables destroyed like that. Disappointing, to say the least.

"All this makes me want to nap on Daddy!"

5 Comments:

At 10:14 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

Sorry about the furniture...what a bummer. I hope you can have someone come out to repair and and get the AF to reimburse the cost. I hate broken stuff, lame.

 
At 4:12 PM , Blogger Lysandra said...

That sucks...but the good news is that I can come see you very very very very soon!!! Yea! I miss you like crazy. I know you are heartbroken about the china cabinet. I am sorry. Maybe I can help you find a new one when I come to visit.

 
At 10:38 PM , Blogger Katie said...

You better claim that shit and get a nice fat check from the military. That sucks!

I love unpacking! I get rid of all of that "what is this?" stuff and really am able to TOSS shit after I haven't seen it in a while! Good luck!

 
At 7:40 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

That sucks! It must be great to have your stuff again...but so much hassle to deal with broken stuff.

 
At 4:11 PM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

Make sure before you get rid of anything or do anything with it you take pictures...lots of pictures to claim it. Make the Air Force PAY!!!

By the way...I'm having something done to my home that I'm gonna post tomorrow and you HAVE TO come and visit. Will you be home from Apr 11-15th or is that when you're going to Arizona? LEt me know!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home