The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Moving Blows

Seriously, moving is THE Biggest Ass pain. I would rather go through child birth for DAYS, rather than unpacking for WEEKS. I swear the boxes keep adding up instead of going away. Why? Why? Then, of course, you have to deal with the husbands that think they know where all the kitchen utensils should go. Does the kitchen pantry really sound like the ideal place to you? We have a shit ton of cabinet space, but he wants it to all go in the pantry...I have NO idea what else to say about that. There comes a point (and we've all been there), where you have to throw your hands up in the air and say "Fuck it, the pantry is THE perfect place! It's so brilliant, that I can't believe I didn't think of that before you did, honey!" I knew I married a Genius!

Moving, I think, puts the entire household in a shitty mood(to include Lilly), that you have to remember to turn EVERY negative situation, into a positive one. You want to just SCREAM at the top of your lungs to your "other half"; but instead, you compliment them on how you really LOVE something they've done, even if you really HATE it. Then, you just go back weeks later after they've long forgotten how great of a thing they've done, and you just go change it to the way you want it!

The lesson is that decorating/putting together a house is such a HUGE compromise. We now have a garage full of things to sell at our Garage Sale coming up. Why didn't any of you point out to me what a jackass I was in some of the shit I used to wear...just months ago. I know I have a different style to begin with, but THESE, THESE things I have come across today are HORRENDOUS. Once again, you just have to throw your hands in the air and say....fuck it!

3 Comments:

At 5:26 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

Just let him put it in the pantry...then wait for the first TDY, then change it! Then when he comes home and starts looking for a spatula (or whatever) just say, "you were gone and this is the way it is now!"

Moving sucks! You would think we get good at it and it would become easier, but the older we get and longer we are married them more shit we have and the hard it gets. (Oh, active duty...don't ya love it?)

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger Katie said...

I agree with Kelly. Just let him think he's deciding and MOVE that shit later! That's what I do!

 
At 4:03 PM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

Yes, unpacking is a big ass pain. Just today I thought I was finished with the boxes when I walked into the guest bedroom...AHHHHHH make it stop. Also, what clothes are you talking about from a couple of months ago?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home