The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Chum, Parents & Race for the Cure


Ah, this past week was Crazy, but fun all at the same time. I think I should just get used to that saying because I think from here on out, that is going to be the story of my life...."Crazy, but fun!"

So, on Wednesday, my parents flew in from Tucson and stayed with us until early this morning. We had such a great time with them and Salem got spoiled, spoiled, spoiled by Nana Midge and Papa Don....you have no idea. She would barely cry and the words..."Ohhhh, don't cry baby, I'll buy you whatever you want!", started flowing out! And it worked, of course. Thanks again Mom for coming out here and spending time with us and ESPECIALLY Salem. She loves her Nana and wanted 100% of my Mom's attention the entire time. She would constantly make these funny noises just to get Nana to look her way, and then she would just laugh, and laugh. I promise to take pictures of her sporting all of her new outfits!

We were also greeted, the same day, with the arrival of our dear friend, Rodger. We were able to have dinner 2 nights with him and catch up. We miss our close Alaskan friends and are grateful to be a little closer to everyone now. They missed me crossing the finish line( because I was fast as shit..duh!), so I snuck up behind them looking for me and my Mom snapped this gross shot of me sweating like no other..wanna smell my pit!?

Lets see, on Saturday, I participated in the 10th Annual San Antonio Race for the Cure. I ran my fastest time to this day--23:40 for a 5k. That is a pretty good time for someone who enjoys running, but isn't really a "runner"--if you know what I mean. I never in my life ran track and didn't even train until about 2 yrs. ago; on and off and having a baby in between. Moving on, this is something that I take very seriously and hold close to my heart (Race for the Cure). My Aunt Jan is a breast cancer survivor and recently found out (within this past week), that she has relapsed. I get all emotional just typing about it. I will also be doing a Tri for the Cure (Triathlon) coming up next month in her name. It is time to get my ass into shape people! I am back at the 4:30 am workout routine. Speaking of, I better hit the sack so I can roll myself out of bed within the next few hours to do so.

Don't look at my legs... I am in desperate need of a tan!

No, Andrew didn't run it with the baby on his back. Tons of people there thought he was going to do so and made all sorts of comments. Are they that stupid?

Hope you all had a great weekend!

2 Comments:

At 4:13 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

Yay! I am doing this in Tucson on the 15th :0) You look great!

 
At 6:16 PM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

That's awesome, Noel, except I thought it was in 2 weekends...I registered quite a while ago. Oops, that stinks...man, now I'm gonna call work because I signed up with them.
Your Aunt will be in my thoughts. Talk to you soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home