The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

AK TOUR 2007 CONTINUED.......









DAY 2 + 3

We successfully managed to pick up Chum and HARB--shocking. We then pressed immediately following to Ninilchik where we had a fishing charter scheduled the following morning. We rolled in LATE, and then for some dumb reason, Wookie and I stayed up until 1 AM just in AAAAHHHHHH
of the scenery. I felt like I had to soak up every single beautiful
minute, because I KNEW it wasn't going to last. Sad, but true. We had
to be AT the boat DAY 3 at 4 AM.....that one hurt a little; however,
the second we got out there, the game was on! Halibut fishing is one of
my most favorite things to do in AK. I will admit that all the guys
caught the trophies, but I brought in the most fish. EVERY SINGLE time
I would cast out, I reeled one of those suckers in. I'm not complaining
because I had an absolute blast doing it. There is even some comical
video of that floating around. You know how it is, by the end of the
day, you are tired and it takes all that you have to bring them in--so
I did what I had to do; even if that meant straddling the fishing pole to
stabilize it between my legs. Oh, how gracious I can be!

So,we fished until the fish quit, not us. I didn't want to give up. I
could have stayed out there on the fishing boat, in the middle of the
ocean, for DAYS. We FedEx'd it overnight to Andrew's mom who was staying
here in San Antonio with sweet, baby Salem. Then, we pressed back to
Anchorage in the middle of the night to get ready for all of our
different adventures on DAY 4.

Total amount of sleep thus far: 7 hours and 45 minutes over 5 nights. I don't know how I even managed to stay up on my feet.

Dang, blogger is being WEIRD, and I can't type under my photos. The "Random Guy" in the red fishing gear, is our Captain, Tanner. Can any of you ladies say "HELLOOOOOO CAPTAIN Tanner!!!?" I sure did! I kept putting my arm around him in our group photo, and Andrew kept throwing it off his shoulder! It was all in good fun--just joking around. But, he SURE was easy on the eyes!

5 Comments:

At 9:52 AM , Blogger Jacobson said...

I never really missed AK much until now... thanks a lot Noel. : ) Maybe Erik and I will have to vacation there with the kiddos when they're old enough to enjoy it! Love the picts!!!

 
At 10:02 AM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

Seriously, I'm all depressed now, Noel. Way to rub it in to all of us less fortunate that couldn't go to AK. :0( Oh, so sad! You know I'm kidding. Well, not really, but I'm not really mad. Ahhhhhh, oh, so jealous!

 
At 1:09 AM , Blogger joanna said...

Whose idea was it to Fed-Ex the fish? Because THAt was REALLY smart!

 
At 8:06 AM , Blogger The Quinn Report said...

We knew we were going to FedEx the fish before we left; however, it was VERY expensive. Worth it 100%, but expensive!

 
At 11:25 PM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

I am coming to TX just for the halibut!!! Look out Noel, uninvited guest coming to raid the freezer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home