The Quinn Report

The daily, weekly, or sometimes monthly news of what goes on in our hectic lives.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

ME, ME, ME!!

This post is going to be ALL about me. I feel that if I talk about it, maybe, just maybe, it will make me feel a little better; or at least wake me the hell up! I'm TIRED. Really, really tired. I've been back to doing " 2-a-days" at the gym again since Andrew's been home, and it's starting to catch up with me. I get up at 4:30 AM, out the door by 4:45, workout until Andrew needs to leave for work (1-2 hours), come home, eat breakfast, get Salem fed, changed, and out the door, just to get back to the gym and get another 2 hrs in. So, by the time some of my friends are rolling their happy asses out of bed at 10:00, I've already put in 3-4 hours of pure hell. Don't get me wrong, I know it is my decision to do such a crazy thing; I just can't stop the maddness! It is PURE madness on my behalf, and I need to figure something else out. I also don't go to bed until 11 or later, so you can only imagine what I look like on a day-to-day basis. ASS-is a good word to describe it.

There is a reason for it all. I recently turned in an application to San Antonio Fire Department, they accepted it, and now I take the written test the end of August! I'm not getting my hopes up what-so-ever; just giving it "my all" at this point. So, in a matter of 2 months, I've put on 15 pounds; which is a TON of weight to put on so quickly. I'm trying to "Beef Up" (if you will), and put on some extra muscle weight. I'm not sure if it is all muscle (hee-hee), but we'll pretend that it is.

It all blows--big time. There are so many changes going on to my body, that it is in SUPER SHOCK FREAK MODE right now. I've had my period 3 times within the past month, and I'm still on the pill...that shouldn't be happening. I can feel my hormones rollercoaster throughout the day. Up, down, up, down, UP, Up, UP, DOWN. CRAZY. I had my body fat/BMI done a few weeks back, and I still don't understand it all. They said it is low, but healthy. What does that mean? The lady told me..."Yeah, it's low, but you're an athlete, so it's okay." I'm not sure if I believe her with the way I feel lately. It's 7:22 AM and I'm already looking forward to bed tonight.

Salem Baby is waking up for the day right now, so I better get her up so we can head back to hell together..the gym! It is an addiction and I Do enjoy it in a weird sort -of -way. I just don't have anything else to bitch about at this point, so why not this!?

7 Comments:

At 10:46 AM , Blogger Andrea and Ben said...

I wish I had your drive in the gym! It is all I can do to run once a day and do some light weights! Let alone all of that. Hopefully it will end in your hiring at the dept. Good luck!

 
At 11:29 AM , Blogger Tracy said...

You go girl!! I am lucky to get dressed and have the breakfast dishes done by 10 am let alone the gym twice. Amazing drive. GOOD LUCK? Have you always wanted to be a firefighter or is this a recent find?

 
At 12:45 PM , Blogger A Goldsworthy Note said...

Just make sure your taking care of yourself, Noel. I'm not trying to sound like a Mom, but if your working out that much it isn't good that your getting only 5 hrs of sleep...especially with your body going through such a big change. It's just b/c I care about ya. :0)

Good Luck with the SAFD. I'd LOVE to see that.

 
At 5:17 PM , Blogger joanna said...

What's the physical test like for the job? And don't they do the physical test after you've gone to some sort of fire school? So are you just beefing up for the school? Maybe you could go back to 1-a-days and see if you feel better. Focus the complusion to work out somewhere else... where, I don't know! You're probably in better shape than half the other applicants already!

 
At 6:00 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

Gosh girl, I wish I had your drive and determination! I can't believe you find the energy to do it all with a new little baby. Nevertheless, I agree with Val, don't forget to take care of yourself...sleep should be a priority.

 
At 7:48 AM , Blogger Katie said...

Holy cow! Good luck with the firefighter path!

I agree with Valerie--sleep might be more important for your health than working out quite so much!

 
At 9:12 AM , Blogger Lysandra said...

Ha! They are all right. I work out for 2 hours a day but not 4! That's nuts! I would not be able to put 2 hours in the gym on a daily basis though without the daycare. I think you look fantastic!!! Anyways....call me soon and have fun this weekend!!!! I am so jealous

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home